Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Malibu 2LT Switchblade Silver Metallic
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
I recently put the fog lamp housings and projector lenses in my 2LT Malibu, and today just finished wiring them up. I figured when I installed them that they were locked in on the bumper to the proper angle. I assumed wrongly! The fog lights are now aimed way too high! So now I'm wondering how they're supposed to be properly aimed so I know what to do before I tear off that bumper again.
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
5,028 Posts
That's weird. I remember installing my foglights on my 2009 and there wasn't really a way to angle them one way or the other. I never ended up wiring them after that so I have no idea how they were pointed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's what I assumed too, it looks like it just clips on. Oddly enough, they're currently aimed higher than my low beams...

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,234 Posts
They can be aimed up and down. These 2 images are not for the same vehicles, but the aiming mechanism is similar. Notice at the top, there's a single screw at the front of the housing, and at the rear it is longer. You adjust it from the rear while it's on the car. If I recall correctly, it needs a very small hex socket, but a quick inspection will reveal what is required.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to update the thread for future reference, that top screw was it! It can be a pain getting something back there to adjust the screw, but once you get it, you're golden! Thanks for the help DrivenDaily!

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
18,234 Posts
What kind of tool did you use to adjust it, a small hex socket, Torx, or ... ?

Also, if you can recall, what size was it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What kind of tool did you use to adjust it, a small hex socket, Torx, or ... ?

Also, if you can recall, what size was it?
So, mine oddly enough were PH0 screws. Just used a very small phillips head screwdriver to adjust them. As far as I can tell, they are GM parts, but having those screws has me wondering...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts