Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I listen to all kinds of music and I just put in my rap cd (full of bass).

I usually blast my music at 85-90% full volume and I noticed that the only thing that rattles is the very back where that thing is in the middle (bad description I know!).

My two questions...

Anyone else notice this?

And if so, how do you suggest I fix this issue in a way that it doesn't make that area look like trash :cool:

I would know how to do this myself, but my last car had great treble and no bass =]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Usually you can stop most rattles by applying a bit of Dynamat to anything that rattles. It's a bit expensive but works really well. I used to spend a few bucks anytime I got a new car and do the entire interior. Most high end cars have great sound insulation but mid and lower priced cars don't and the Dynamat will quiet the entire interior down and also make all doors and floors seem more solid like a high end car. Most stereo shops sell Dynamat. You can also buy it on ebay pretty cheap. This will reduce road noise and also stop any panel creaks and rattles that are caused by using cheap plastic material in interiors.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Usually you can stop most rattles by applying a bit of Dynamat to anything that rattles. It's a bit expensive but works really well. I used to spend a few bucks anytime I got a new car and do the entire interior. Most high end cars have great sound insulation but mid and lower priced cars don't and the Dynamat will quiet the entire interior down and also make all doors and floors seem more solid like a high end car. Most stereo shops sell Dynamat. You can also buy it on ebay pretty cheap. This will reduce road noise and also stop any panel creaks and rattles that are caused by using cheap plastic material in interiors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.