Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I gave the car a thorough new car detailing (wash, clay bar, light polish, and seal) 2 weeks ago, and though the first week was okay, last week was a monsoon everyday. Combine that with a gravel driveway and lots of landscaping, and it was coated in filth, grass, leaves, and every kind of other gunk for the past week. Oh, the horror.

So a fresh wash today, in the finally returned sunlight. Lately my camera seems to be taking less than crisp shots, and today's white+fall sunlight=GLARE, but nonetheless here's the new 'Bu after a thorough scrub this morning.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
And some inside, with the Cocoa-Cashmere that I still have trouble capturing the full effect of...but LOVE:

^^Oh, and yes, I keep a set of cheap vinyl mats OVER the WeatherTech liners. Don't ask why, I just do.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A bit washed out, but nonetheless. Some day, I swear, some "beach" shots to live up to the screen name. Have the perfect spot, just never get the time.

Mr. White was looking so clean and shimmering, my mother FINALLY had enough of her filthy Dark Gray brother and started washing it. After being out of the country for 2 weeks and us just leaving it parked, it somehow made it to a month without being washed. A sin, I tell you, a sin, in this house. Dark Gray is good for that though. Even pre-wash, with a thick coating of crud, it doesn't look all that different...just missing some gloss and the wheels are more brown than polished & charcoal.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Pics look good.. I need to clean and detail mine again. its way over due..

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love clean cars and Threads! ;):D
Yes. Though I was well enough to do the washing yesterday, I've been sick'ish since Friday and while off today the car continued to sit...shining in clean glory.

I quite like looking at it outside amongst the leaves and fall backdrop, just clean white. Too bad the Dark Gray one finally got washed only to head to the dealer, or I could take a better family picture before one (not mine, of course) gets filthied up again.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Sexy car!! It's injured TWIN is proud!

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Beach,....Love the pics with fall colors in back. Reminds me of back home,long ago.......Peace,...Love...and Horse Power.
Oh if only I had this car earlier in the summer before our driveway changed.

It included:
1) '95 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham LT1 (my old/first ride...what a stunner)...sold
2) '93 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham (old betty'ish in white, but hey, that's not a bad thing...my other, technically, 1st car of dad's)...still here, in the pics
3) '92 Buick Roadmaster LTD (dad's daily driver for a few years, in matching white/red to the '93 Caddy...what a tank)...sold, replaced by a '96 Subaru Legacy...
4) '86 Buick Regal LTD (my brother's very old but very cool and well kept coupe)...still here, somewhat visible
5) '08 Malibu 2LT 4-cyl (mom's current)...but originally a big, honking Summit White Suburban...

It used to be like the RWD GM V8 huge-ness headquarters. Oh the times have changed, but we're still styling;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Very SHARRRRPPPP!!!! Looks great! Makes my bu feel inferior due to the smaller engine...I wish every day i would of gotten the V6...

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very SHARRRRPPPP!!!! Looks great! Makes my bu feel inferior due to the smaller engine...I wish every day i would of gotten the V6...
Awe...and makes me think the same thing every time I'm in our '08;) That, or keep wishing the 4-cyl car was a later 6-speed variety to give it more pep and lower revs.

Except all I have to do is get back to the driveway and hop in my own. As much of the same car as they are, wow, what a difference the engine & steering make. I thoroughly enjoy both, for different reasons, and still am so glad I got the V6, in every way.

This car continues to get looks, too. Just like my G6, a lot of it seems due to the coloring & wheels. Clean, cool, and ritzy.

·
Registered
186 Posts
beach, you made us summit white malibu owners proud! very sharp, very clean, i like it alot, to be honest, when i first when to get my car, i did not want white at all, i hated white cars but my white bu was the only bu left on the lot and i just had to have it, i love white now thanks to the sexyness of my car! i would not want it in any other color!

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
beach, you made us summit white malibu owners proud! very sharp, very clean, i like it alot, to be honest, when i first when to get my car, i did not want white at all, i hated white cars but my white bu was the only bu left on the lot and i just had to have it, i love white now thanks to the sexyness of my car! i would not want it in any other color!
And so did I...

For so long, and probably also because it's my father's ONLY color on cars, I liked it enough but still always thought "blah...white". With my G6, the White Diamond which was a different white had me from hello. Then shopping again for the 'Bu, I kept thinking drastically different--in the form of Black Granite--and almost did that, but every time I saw a fresh Summit White one, I couldn't stop looking. I tried to avoid it, I really did, but it was the only shade on a 'Bu that I kept looking at and no matter how many times I did or in what conditions, I didn't tire of.

It's not exciting nor does it change in different lights, but it just looks oh so clean, crisp, and classy on the 'Bu, particularly when trimmed up quite a bit. Well, and also if you keep it clean...filthy, wow, bad. I like a lot of colors, and it drove me crazy trying to figure one out, but in the end I'm still overly glad I chose what I did.

Plus, this car in white with the Cocoa/Cashmere interior, a 2LT V6, and dead on what I'd probably order if I could, at another dealer close enough by that I could go see and drive it beforehand...it was meant to be.

So far, so good. Nearing a month--wow, that went fast. Jumped in today at work and it said exactly 900 miles. Thankfully nothing like my G6 where I think it had already been in at least 3 times for repairs with the less miles...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Your car looks awesome! The pic makes me feel good as my 08 2LT has the same color :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
What size are those wheels? I think there is too much "meat" to them. The white one I have has smaller spokes which I think is a nicer wheel but I have no idea what they are called.

I def fell in love with the white after seeing it in person.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.