Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local town installed a new parallel parking setup. This is to help BMW owners I am pretty sure.

·
Administrator
17,294 Posts
That is actually a throw-back from many years ago. The hashed boxes are to ensure that there is room between every other pair of cars so you don't have to peel the paint just to squeeze into a spot.

Besides, I don't see any Bimmers in any of those 4 occupied spots! ;)

·
Super Moderator
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the last two weeks I have had three run ins with BMW drivers trying to park. One, I couldn't get in my car because it took 4 tries for the lady to park an X5 in a normal perpendicular space. She just wouldn't go wide enough. Another, stuck behind a BMW 2 failing over and over to parallel and blocking the road doing so. Finally, came across a 5 series parked perpendicular in a small parallel spot - you know, because they wanted to. Figured those buffer zone parallel spots are made to help the parking/driving challenged BMW owner. It's a grudge and a public heckle!

·
Administrator
17,294 Posts
Owners of Bimmers can rejoice that they, too, can now use technology to parallel park their cars. Just buy a Ford with the feature.

:D

·
Super Moderator
4,641 Posts
My SS has a self parking function. I am waayyy too paranoid to try that with a manual transmission, but I've seen youtube videos of stick shift owners trying it out.

Of course, I've known how to parallel park on my own since I was 17 and I just cringe when I see other people failing at it. I had to re-teach my wife how to do it back when we were dating.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts