Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am not too car savvy so I’m not certain of the technical terminology but I am having an issue with the front bumper area of my 2015 Malibu. Recently when pulling out of my parking spot the front underside of engine plastic piece began dragging. I looked underneath and saw one side was broken and couldn’t be reattached which left it hanging low. It was dragging because in the space between that plastic and the engine was a huge chunk of ice. I was able to remove that and while it still dragged when hitting bumps or driving down unplowed streets, it was not completely on the ground. The next day I had to back up to get out of my spot on the street. When I did that the plastic piece completely came out from under my car. I thought I could just pull it off and drive it to a repair place but I see that it is actually part of the front bumper, which I didn’t really want to pull off/ break. I’ve been looking online as to what needs to be done to repair this. My question is how do I get this fixed. Is it ok to cut that piece off since it will probably have to be replaced anyway. What is the name of that part? Any information you can provide is greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
5,273 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 - 3 of 3 Posts