Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the front parking/signal bulb (3157) It doesn't look like an easy procedure. Any ideas on how to get to the socket from inside the hood?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's a 2008, however, it's the parking/turn signal bulb #3157 That's pretty extreme that the entire front bumber must be removed for this? Can't even change a simple bulb in these cars anymore! :-o
Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
when i got my hids installed, they had to remove the whole bumber which is a pain. thats how the dealers make they bread and butter now. costs around $200 for them a dealer to do it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
are you sure the front signal bulb in the headlamps is 3157?????? beceause it seems the tail lamps, front signals, the rear side markers are all 3157s but different sizes???!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, these are in fact the 3157 is the correct bulb size for the front parking/turn signal sockets.
I was advised it's a $75 job to replace the bulbs just to access them!!! Unreal!
Where did you get your LED bulbs from?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Ummm.... Warranty...??? I don't understand why everyone wants to do things like this themselves when it is such a difficult task and their car is under warranty.

Go to the dealership and tell them that the car that they sold you and said would be free of defects for at least 3 years / 30,000 miles... is defective. Either fix the defect or refund everything I paid.

Its that simple. You'll get your light fixed and won't have to worry about anything else.

·
Registered
303 Posts
After removing it a few times you get used to it and it becomes easier. At first it take me 3-5 hours to remove it because I didn't know the position of the bolts that need to be undone. But now I can get it done within an hour with no tools besides a 7 socket, wrench, a 12 socket (or a 10) and thats about it.

I will tell you where I got my bulbs as soon as I install the front ones when they arrive. Hope they are worth it, so I will show it when I install them to see the input. But im sure it will be very positive input!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Ummm.... Warranty...??? I don't understand why everyone wants to do things like this themselves when it is such a difficult task and their car is under warranty.

Go to the dealership and tell them that the car that they sold you and said would be free of defects for at least 3 years / 30,000 miles... is defective. Either fix the defect or refund everything I paid.

Its that simple. You'll get your light fixed and won't have to worry about anything else.
Doesn't mean it covers wearable items like light bulbs.

·
Registered
303 Posts
well yes and no, warranty DOES replace bulbs.....but not for aftermarket ones.... so if you change to LED, you have to pay! same with Hid's even though it's the same labour.... so in fact it is not THAT simple... if it was we all that got our own hands dirty on this car would have saved alot of work and time!

Sadly GM is cruel to us --

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.