Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After 195,000 miles of service, it's time for my Malibu Maxx to go to the great salvage yard in the sky.

Here are some parts I have available either locally in the Mankato, MN area or for shipping (at buyer's expense), all prices are Or Best Offer:

• GM Performance Division front strut brace (fits 2004-2007 6th gen Malibu/Malibu Maxx models, should fit Pontiac G6 possibly and Saturn Aura, unclear if it will fit 2008-2012 7th gen Malibus, also fits 7th gen 2008-2012 Malibus per cp-the-nerd, GM P/N 15286584) - $75 + shipping
    • Surface rust on edges of mounting points, a weirdly imprinted fingerprint near the GMPD badge, and a bubble in the paint on the back of the bar (faces firewall), unclear how it happened since there is no interference when installing (see photos)
  • Mobil 1 oil filler cap, cog shape (marked 5W-30) - $15 shipped
  • OE front license plate bracket (fits 04-05 Malibu and 07-09 Equinox according to eBay, GM P/N 22687868) - $15 shipped
  • Scosche GM13SR radio interface with 5 pin connector (should work in 04-07 Malibu/Maxx models, 05-07 Pontiac G6, or 05-06 Cobalt according to the manual - direct link to PDF instructions) - $60 shipped SOLD
    • I used this in the "GM 24-pin non-amplified" setup, so I only have the 5 pin connector. I've moved twice since installing this and have no idea where any other harnesses are. I installed purely to retain the door/warning/turn signal chimes when adding an aftermarket head unit. Also included are in-line wire taps that I had installed to piggy-back the wiring harness into the head unit.
  • Metra 95-3303Bkit to retain/relocate the Driver's Information Center (DIC) while allowing for a double-DIN head unit installation - $110 shipped SOLD
    • The mounting tabs for the relocated DIC are snipped so they could fit in my center console, see photos for clarification. (direct link to PDF instructions)
    • Includes DIC-specific wiring harness, DIC remote unit, and double-DIN plate/bracket/flat mounting screws
  • New In Box set of spark plug wires for 3.5L V6, Omni Spark 9690 (brand from O'Reilly) - $20 shipped
    • Bought in 2016 after finding bite marks from rodents spending the night in my engine bay when we lived in the desert of northern Arizona and didn't want to be caught needing to replace the wires somewhere in BFE, so these sat in the spare tire well for 5 years not being needed, thankfully. Won't ship with original box, it's not in great shape.
  • CarGo organizer blocks, set of 4. Normally a Volkswagen dealer accessory, theses have been awesome to secure Crockpots on the rear shelf in the Malibu Maxx for travel, or other boxes/packages. Attaches via Velcro-style hook & loop to carpet (see photo). Neither my new car nor the wife's have trunk floors that are compatible, so these awesome accessories sadly must go :(- $20 shipped
    • Technically 8 pieces, but it forms 4 "L"s to secure items, breaks down fairly flat for storage/shipping. SOLD
Not pictured:
  • Gray/Titanium colored OEM carpet floor mats (2 front, 2 rear, does not go over exhaust hump) for 6th gen Malibu/Maxx, good condition - $25 + shipping Whoops, actually can't find the fronts, so not for sale.
  • Spectre Performance drop-in panel air filter (P/N 887597, currently cleaned and dry, can oil with K&N oil before shipping if requested) - $15 shipped
  • ACDelco PF47E oil filter - free local pickup only

I accept Venmo/PayPal or cash locally.

Wood Road surface Asphalt Scaled reptile Flooring
Grass Flooring Road surface Rectangle Tints and shades
Wood Musical instrument Line Grass Musical instrument accessory
Bicycle part Rim Eyewear Tints and shades Wood

Grey Cap Headgear Automotive design Gadget
Wood Rectangle Automotive exterior Gadget Bumper
Circuit component Wood Electrical wiring Cable Hardware programmer
Circuit component Electricity Wood Electrical wiring Electronic engineering

Cable Wire Font Electrical wiring Electronics accessory
Rectangle Wood Carton Gas Automotive design

Edit 2021-04-02: Sorry if I'm slow to reply, I no longer have access to the email address this account's notifications point to. I will update post as items are sold.

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
5,545 Posts
I can attest to the fact that the GM Performance strut brace does indeed fit the 2008-12 Malibu. I provided instructions for install below.

Reactions: _GABO_

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,595 Posts
I'd like those cargo keepers, please.

PM me if they're still available.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After 195,000 miles of service, it's time for my Malibu Maxx to go to the great salvage yard in the sky.

Here are some parts I have available either locally in the Mankato, MN area or for shipping (at buyer's expense), all prices are Or Best Offer:

• GM Performance Division front strut brace (fits 2004-2007 6th gen Malibu/Malibu Maxx models, should fit Pontiac G6 possibly and Saturn Aura, unclear if it will fit 2008-2012 7th gen Malibus, also fits 7th gen 2008-2012 Malibus per cp-the-nerd, GM P/N 15286584) - $75 + shipping
    • Surface rust on edges of mounting points, a weirdly imprinted fingerprint near the GMPD badge, and a bubble in the paint on the back of the bar (faces firewall), unclear how it happened since there is no interference when installing (see photos)
  • Mobil 1 oil filler cap, cog shape (marked 5W-30) - $15 shipped
  • OE front license plate bracket (fits 04-05 Malibu and 07-09 Equinox according to eBay, GM P/N 22687868) - $15 shipped
  • Scosche GM13SR radio interface with 5 pin connector (should work in 04-07 Malibu/Maxx models, 05-07 Pontiac G6, or 05-06 Cobalt according to the manual - direct link to PDF instructions) - $60 shipped SOLD
    • I used this in the "GM 24-pin non-amplified" setup, so I only have the 5 pin connector. I've moved twice since installing this and have no idea where any other harnesses are. I installed purely to retain the door/warning/turn signal chimes when adding an aftermarket head unit. Also included are in-line wire taps that I had installed to piggy-back the wiring harness into the head unit.
  • Metra 95-3303Bkit to retain/relocate the Driver's Information Center (DIC) while allowing for a double-DIN head unit installation - $110 shipped SOLD
    • The mounting tabs for the relocated DIC are snipped so they could fit in my center console, see photos for clarification. (direct link to PDF instructions)
    • Includes DIC-specific wiring harness, DIC remote unit, and double-DIN plate/bracket/flat mounting screws
  • New In Box set of spark plug wires for 3.5L V6, Omni Spark 9690 (brand from O'Reilly) - $20 shipped
    • Bought in 2016 after finding bite marks from rodents spending the night in my engine bay when we lived in the desert of northern Arizona and didn't want to be caught needing to replace the wires somewhere in BFE, so these sat in the spare tire well for 5 years not being needed, thankfully. Won't ship with original box, it's not in great shape.
  • CarGo organizer blocks, set of 4. Normally a Volkswagen dealer accessory, theses have been awesome to secure Crockpots on the rear shelf in the Malibu Maxx for travel, or other boxes/packages. Attaches via Velcro-style hook & loop to carpet (see photo). Neither my new car nor the wife's have trunk floors that are compatible, so these awesome accessories sadly must go :(- $20 shipped
    • Technically 8 pieces, but it forms 4 "L"s to secure items, breaks down fairly flat for storage/shipping. SOLD
Not pictured:
  • Gray/Titanium colored OEM carpet floor mats (2 front, 2 rear, does not go over exhaust hump) for 6th gen Malibu/Maxx, good condition - $25 + shipping Whoops, actually can't find the fronts, so not for sale.
  • Spectre Performance drop-in panel air filter (P/N 887597, currently cleaned and dry, can oil with K&N oil before shipping if requested) - $15 shipped
  • ACDelco PF47E oil filter - free local pickup only

I accept Venmo/PayPal or cash locally.

View attachment 70577 View attachment 70578 View attachment 70579 View attachment 70580
View attachment 70581 View attachment 70582 View attachment 70583 View attachment 70584
View attachment 70585 View attachment 70586

Edit 2021-04-02: Sorry if I'm slow to reply, I no longer have access to the email address this account's notifications point to. I will update post as items are sold.
I will take the strut brace! Need it for my GTP. Still available??? Paypal?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.