Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the "Web" Chevy no longer has a fuel filter since 2004. Could someone chime in on this? :surprise:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well at least there is one. Wah:( Wah:( my 2008 Cobalt had on under the car by the fuel tank, PITA to replace. Thanks sir! :serious:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well at least there is one. Wah:( Wah:( my 2008 Cobalt had on under the car by the fuel tank, PITA to replace. Thanks sir! :serious:
Thankfully these last longer as long as you use quality fuel which even cheap stuff is better than it use to be decades ago. But if you ever do have to replace it you need to empty and drop your fuel tank so even more of a PITA and expensive.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah I knew about the drop the tank requirement. But I clicked on a link for a "Holley" pump assembly $338! Wow! I know it's a GDI engine but still that's an awful chunk of change for a pump! :crying: Quick check on a OEM part $236, still big bucks!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hate to potentially break it to you that that is the high flow but low pressure pump. There is a second one that raises the pressure that runs off the engine. So we, like most GDI, have two pumps to worry about.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.