Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just purchased a 2009 1LT. I can't find where the fuel filter is located. I can't even find what fuel filter is required by looking in the owners manual OR on-line. Anyone know?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay. I spoke with the parts department where we purchased our 09 and they said there is NO replaceable fuel filter. There is a filter INSIDE the tank though. They recommended using injector cleaner every 10,000 miles. Also, there is no replaceable PCV valve as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
no fuel filter, no need to worry about it. the one in the tank is the rock catcher on the fuel pump sump, which is the sock. depends on the car if it has a replaceable pcv valve.

doesnt matter regardless, stuff nowdays isnt like it was 15 years ago. instead of a pcv valve, they use a fixed orifice to control pcv.

·
Registered
240 Posts
It just crossed 100,000 miles on my 05 Silverado and have had 0 problems and it has a non-replaceable fuel filter.

I don't think its a big deal now days. I doubt there's much junk floating around in gasoline or the tanks and line corrode much at all.

·
Registered
32 Posts
fuel now days is worse than it was 10 years ago, especially when you get winter blend fuel, compared to summer.

i think it should be changeable, but then again, im not an engineer, i just get paid to fix their mistakes.

·
Registered
102 Posts
No external fuel filter on the 7th gen Bu. I think that actually started on the 6th gen in 2004. I will definitely be increasing my usage of some excellent fuel system cleaner.
P.i. Performance Improver Gasoline Additive by Amsoil http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/fuel-additives/gasoline/p-i-performance-improver-gasoline-additive/

And no PCV filter on these cars too. I know my 1999 S-10 has an internal PCV system which requires no maintenance or adjustment. I think that started in 1998 on the little Chevy trucks.

And no trans filter on the 2010+ Bu's.

What's next? No engine oil filter???

·
Registered
39 Posts
No external fuel filter on the 7th gen Bu. I think that actually started on the 6th gen in 2004. I will definitely be increasing my usage of some excellent fuel system cleaner.
P.i. Performance Improver Gasoline Additive by Amsoil http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/fuel-additives/gasoline/p-i-performance-improver-gasoline-additive/

And no PCV filter on these cars too. I know my 1999 S-10 has an internal PCV system which requires no maintenance or adjustment. I think that started in 1998 on the little Chevy trucks.

And no trans filter on the 2010+ Bu's.

What's next? No engine oil filter???
Oh, there's a transmission filter, alright. Depending on the transmission, though, it may be an internal filter that's impossible to replace without disassembling the whole thing. However, it is in there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.