Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
My 2008 4 cyl. 2LT gets 27.7 at the moment. Most of my driving is freeway to work however. Don't do a lot of stop and go. If I did, the hybrid would be the way to go. That's were it is designed to save gas.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a used 08 hybrid with 14,000 miles. The first tank of combined city/highway diving came in at exactly 29.7mpg. I was impressed. The 09 hybid is suppose to get 2mpg's better in town(24 to 26) and one mpg better than the 6speed 4cylinder on the highway(6speed=33, 09 hybid=34). If I were to guess, the 6speed 4cyl is probly "around" the same as the hybrid on the highway. BUT, im bet the 6speed is not even close to the city mpg's of the hybrid.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
A dealer told me that the LTZ / LT2 actually gets better gas mileage than the hybrid "in reality".

Huh? Any truth to this?
They can, largely because the 2.4L is teamed with the 6-spd transmission in most non-hybrid models, and it gets very, very strong mileage numbers. That, plus the fact that the Hybrid is a mild hybrid meaning it can never power itself just on electric, rather just shuts down at stops and then refires--saves some fuel, for sure. But now with the 4-cyl/6-spd combo, even the non-hybrid models are at the same or almost the same level mileage wise. Just depends on the driver and situation, of course.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.