Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm loving this awesome gas mileage. I'm coming from driving a 99 navigator which averaged 12.5 mpg. In the malibu, i get 27-29 MPG @ 80MPH, 28-30 MPG @ 70MPH, and 34-35MPG @ 60MPH. All together average is 25.4MPG driving city and highway.

BTW, It's a 4-cylinder, which GM did an awesome job with. It drives like a V6, and does not drag like other 4 cylinders, very responsive. I am really loving this car.

·
Registered
795 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm loving this awesome gas mileage. I'm coming from driving a 99 navigator which averaged 12.5 mpg. In the malibu, i get 27-29 MPG @ 80MPH, 28-30 MPG @ 70MPH, and 34-35MPG @ 60MPH. All together average is 25.4MPG driving city and highway.

BTW, It's a 4-cylinder, which GM did an awesome job with. It drives like a V6, and does not drag like other 4 cylinders, very responsive. I am really loving this car.

I have a 4 banger and im getting 20.8 mpg. I only drive 7.4 miles a day city.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 4 banger and im getting 20.8 mpg. I only drive 7.4 miles a day city.
Yeah, I guess I shouldn't say city & highway, I live in the country, and I drive mostly on backroads to work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have just rolled 4000 miles on my 08 LTwith the 4 banger,On average hwy mileage has been 27-28 most of the time I cruise 70mph. City is in the 22.5 range. I am really would like to hear of anyone breaking the 30 mpg range. The numbers I am getting pretty much equal all of the test track averages from Motor/Trend, Road / Track etc.
On a final note, I usally change my oil between 3-4000 miles. My on dash indicator tells me my oil life is still 68%.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm very close to the same mpg with only 1500 miles driven, but have mostly driven city/rural.

·
Registered
421 Posts
My work trip is 95% highway, 4% rural roads, and I get between 28 and 30 all the time. I've only broken past 30 once so far (tank before last- 30.5mpg).

·
Registered
123 Posts
My city mileage is around 21, on the highway it's 29-31.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Any new mileage numbers out there? I am at nearly 2800 miles on my 2LT (4cyl.) and am averaging 25.9 mpg with probably a 50/50 split between highway driving and city driving. I usually use the cruise control on the highway set right about 65 and I am not a lead foot when driving around the side streets. What kind of numbers is everyone getting now?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Any new mileage numbers out there? I am at nearly 2800 miles on my 2LT (4cyl.) and am averaging 25.9 mpg with probably a 50/50 split between highway driving and city driving. I usually use the cruise control on the highway set right about 65 and I am not a lead foot when driving around the side streets. What kind of numbers is everyone getting now?
I'm wondering if that is all that much better than the 6 cylinder engine? :eek:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just rolled 6500 miles w/LT2. highway mileage has only been 26. Seems like it should be getting better. Still beats the 16 I was getting with my Dakota. Saw more renderings of a proposed SS Coupe. SWEET! will try and post web site later.

·
Registered
178 Posts
yeah....I'm averaging 23.5 on my DIC with my 3.6

Highest I saw on a tank was 24.5 MPG though....50% city/50% highway

It REALLY REALLY helps to inflate the tires a little more on these car. I just put those Cobalt SS wheels on & they set the pressures to 30-32psi or whatever....I bumped it up to 36-37psi (max psi is 44 on the tires) and my mileage on the DIC went up right away!
Rides a little stiffer, but you don't notice on the freeway.

There was a whole thread on Saturn Fans about the tire pressure on this car....very informative read:
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117420

·
Registered
12 Posts
New Malibu owner here, I have a 2LT 4 cyl., I have around 800 miles on it, I mostly drive freeway, 50 miles roundtrip to work/home, and am getting 28-29 miles per gallon. I am a bit of a leadfoot, everytime I look down I'm going 80, it's hard to drive slow in California.

·
Registered
326 Posts
New Malibu owner here, I have a 2LT 4 cyl., I have around 800 miles on it, I mostly drive freeway, 50 miles roundtrip to work/home, and am getting 28-29 miles per gallon. I am a bit of a leadfoot, everytime I look down I'm going 80, it's hard to drive slow in California.
Does it have enough get up and go for the California interstates?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Woo-hoo!! Just had a tank return 32.1 mpg with my 3.6l. Nearly all highway, of course (just a *very* little in-town Asheville / Morganton driving). Still, I like. Not that it's anywhere near the 36 or so that I saw occasionally with the 04 3.5l V6 sedan.

·
Registered
701 Posts
USA1fan - Well that's certainly encouraging....Here I have on order a 3.6 and was contemplating seeing about changing the order to the 4 cyl.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Following up on the information that Snobrdrdan provided from the Saturn forum what PSI are you all running your tires on?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.