Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering what you guys usually get on your tank range if you fill your tank all the way up. (4 cylinder please) Thanks in advance

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've been getting around 300 miles per tank, while filling around 1/4 tank. I've been getting an overall MPG of around 24.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I fill up at around 1/4 tank as well, but am only at around 200-250 at that point. I do a lot a stop and go driving too and from work, and average 20-22 mpg.

·
Registered
21 Posts
got my Malibu(4 cyl) from the dealer with a full tank and the odometer read 22 miles when i got it!! the odometer now reads 357 and the fuel gauge is just under the 1st quarter line! I like it!!!

p.s. the reading on the info center for the fuel range at full tank was 400+!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am refueling about 1/4 tank also and running about 320-325 miles

·
Registered
148 Posts
Some good gas mileage here. Ithink thats great! My 1997 3.1 get like 20 mpg pretty good for an olden.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I swear at my last fill up the DIC Miles to Empty read 383 miles to go -- it's been fantastic on gas so far...well beyond my expectations...

·
Registered
795 Posts
Mine we run until it's empty :D

·
Registered
167 Posts
My V6, as I stated in another thread gets about 19.5 mpg with approx. 50/50 city/highway. Therefore I fillup when the DIC says low fuel at around 265 miles. At first that bothered me, but then realized that it warns me with 2.5 gallons left in the tank, and the tank is 1 gallon less in capacity then my old CTS. My CTS warned me with 1.5 gallons left in the tank. It is nice with gas prices to only pump 13.5 gallons. :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
My V6, as I stated in another thread gets about 19.5 mpg with approx. 50/50 city/highway. Therefore I fillup when the DIC says low fuel at around 265 miles. At first that bothered me, but then realized that it warns me with 2.5 gallons left in the tank, and the tank is 1 gallon less in capacity then my old CTS. My CTS warned me with 1.5 gallons left in the tank. It is nice with gas prices to only pump 13.5 gallons. :)
My commute is about 80% hwy/20% city, so I sure hope I'd get a lot higher than 19.5 MPG. My GP gets 24-26 MPG average.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've been running my Bu til she's on fumes. My last fill up showed a range til empty of 432 miles, and I got an actual 412. I travel 80% highway, and I'm averaging 26.4 mpg. I traded a Scion Xb, and I'll gladly trade the 5 mpgs for a MUCH nicer car.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I've been running my Bu til she's on fumes. My last fill up showed a range til empty of 432 miles, and I got an actual 412. I travel 80% highway, and I'm averaging 26.4 mpg. I traded a Scion Xb, and I'll gladly trade the 5 mpgs for a MUCH nicer car.
do you have 4 or 6 cylinder engine?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 4-cylinder LT2. I live in WI, and my mileage went up 2mpgs when we switched back to non-winter gas.:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.