Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I've been lurking this forum for a while and decided to get signed up and introduce myself. I have a 2009 Malibu LT I got from my dad about a year ago. He was the 2nd owner, bought it in 2010 with only 20k miles. He drove it for a work car for years before he retired. It now sits at 187k miles and all original. It's still in really good shape and is now my work car. Here's a pic of it all detailed up.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Cloud Sky

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
20,604 Posts
Welcome to CMF!

My first Malibu of the 3 I've had so far was a 2009. I traded it for a 2011 that a flood took from me 3 years later, and now I have another 2011 that I found the same week.

Yours brings back memories of my BGM (black granite metallic) '09.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to CMF!

My first Malibu of the 3 I've had so far was a 2009. I traded it for a 2011 that a flood took from me 3 years later, and now I have another 2011 that I found the same week.

Yours brings back memories of my BGM (black granite metallic) '09.
Glad it brings back good memories for you. The 2011 you have now the red one in your avatar? Looks super nice. I actually really like this car. Even with the 2.4 it feels sporty to drive.

·
Administrator
20,604 Posts
Glad it brings back good memories for you. The 2011 you have now the red one in your avatar? Looks super nice. I actually really like this car. Even with the 2.4 it feels sporty to drive.
When I was shopping for a car in December 2008, I test drove a Cobalt, a used Impala, then a 2.4L Malibu, and finally a 3.6L Malibu.

The 2.4L does really well and I was willing to buy one, but after driving the V6 I just had to see if I could swing it. Since it during the downturn in the economy, but before "Cash for Clunkers" rolled out, prices were rock bottom. I ended up getting the V6 for less than the normal price of the I4. Traded on a 2011 V6, then got my current 2011 V6.

Interestingly, the avatar shows my first 2011, but they are so similar that I just kept it. And after the owners updated the website a few years ago, if I modify my signature, it'll change to the left-aligned version like all the newer ones have. I like it being centered, so ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I was shopping for a car in December 2008, I test drove a Cobalt, a used Impala, then a 2.4L Malibu, and finally a 3.6L Malibu.

The 2.4L does really well and I was willing to buy one, but after driving the V6 I just had to see if I could swing it. Since it during the downturn in the economy, but before "Cash for Clunkers" rolled out, prices were rock bottom. I ended up getting the V6 for less than the normal price of the I4. Traded on a 2011 V6, then got my current 2011 V6.

Interestingly, the avatar shows my first 2011, but they are so similar that I just kept it. And after the owners updated the website a few years ago, if I modify my signature, it'll change to the left-aligned version like all the newer ones have. I like it being centered, so ...
Man, I remember when vehicles were bottom dollar. How times have changed. When my dad bought this malibu he actually wanted the v6 but the dealer couldn't find one for him so I guess he settled. He still tells me how he wishes he would have found a v6 😂

·
Administrator
20,604 Posts
To get my '09, they had to do a dealer-trade and it took several hours for it to arrive. It was very dirty. I guess it was a demo since it had over 12oo miles when I got it "new".

My first 2011 was sitting on the lot. I drove it with 9 miles on the clock!

The second 2011 had 56,xxx on it and I am glad I still have it. I now has 157,xxx miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts