Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’d have to admit I didn’t think this through when I bought this car but that start stop feature is the most annoying thing and frustrating I’ve ever experienced in a car, only had this car for a little over a month and I am getting rid of it for a car without that feature and I’ll never buy another car with that feature

· Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
21,023 Posts
Trifecta has a cure, and you'll also get some extra ponies to make it more fun.

But since you don't like it and it seems like your mind is made up, let the next guy or gal deal with it.

· Premium Member
1,419 Posts
you would rather take the hit of selling your car presumably at a loss than buy a device that could remove the START/STOP feature or as mentioned above, remove it as well as get you some additional performance?

good luck with your next choice...

Bill

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I want the AC off when I turn it off not “flow through ventilation” off means off. Trifecta voids your warranty since it messes with your ECU. There’s just too many issues with this car that makes it hard for me to enjoy it. I might take a slight loss but it shouldn’t be too bad, the car is still factory default and no check engine lights so i should get a decent trade in for it. Not trying to be bitter but I shouldn’t have to be spending extra money just to enjoy my car. The hassles is just not worth it for me. I had a Chrysler 200 that I loved and got rid off for this car and I’m getting another 200 and this time I’m keeping it for a while

· Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
4,596 Posts
Yeah I want the AC off when I turn it off not “flow through ventilation” off means off.
It actually doesn't it means blower off but flow through still occurs to keep pressure tolerable and passengers alive as previously explained.

Lots of research sites to help you find that car you like with features you understand. Instead of the losses from depreciation I'd just disable Auto Stop as previously explained by others but to each their own.

Either way good luck.

· Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
21,023 Posts
I'm happy to hear that a cheaper and easier solution was able to make the car more bearable. I hope you have many more happy miles.

· Super Moderator
4,596 Posts
I have a 2017 LT and shift into L instead of D then use the button on top of the shifter to go to 6th gear. It shifts normally and overrides the stop-start function.
That's amazing can you make a video or type up a guide on that? We could pin the discussion as a sticky for everyone.

· Registered
2 Posts
Sure but its not complicated....instead of shifting to Drive go all the way down to Low. Once its in Low, use the rocker switch on the shifter. It allows you to manually shift up and down through gears 1-6 and the gear will show on the dash. Click it till you shift to 6th gear and the trans will shift up and down perfectly without going into auto stop. I've been doing it for two years after I heard a GM tech call into a radio show and explain it. I've had it 5 years now, 115K, love the car, still runs and drives great. Hoping to get to 200K, time will tell.

· Super Moderator
4,596 Posts
Sure but its not complicated....instead of shifting to Drive go all the way down to Low. Once its in Low, use the rocker switch on the shifter. It allows you to manually shift up and down through gears 1-6 and the gear will show on the dash. Click it till you shift to 6th gear and the trans will shift up and down perfectly without going into auto stop. I've been doing it for two years after I heard a GM tech call into a radio show and explain it. I've had it 5 years now, 115K, love the car, still runs and drives great. Hoping to get to 200K, time will tell.
Every now and those techs let out insider info. I wonder if the functionality is any different between gen8 and gen9?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts