Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2009 2.4L Ecotec Malibu and want to get rid of that ugly suitcase muffler and gain some sound. I'm planning on deleting the muffler and putting a 18" thrush glasspack on it instead. What i can't figure out is what pipe i need to go from the glasspack to where the exhaust tip ends. Even for a straight pipe im confused. The pipe runs through the middle of the car so how do i find the right pipe shape to connect them so it comes out where the stock exhaust does.

Also will this create much droning and will it turn the check engine light on?

·
Administrator
17,089 Posts
Click the link in my signature about muffler mod on my former 2009 V6. Where the pipe comes out of the tunnel is the same as your 2.4L so it should help to some degree.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, it helped a little but the 2.4 only has one exhaust outlet so what's the terminology for basically half of a y pipe that goes out to the left side.

·
Administrator
17,089 Posts
I guess it'd be a 45º bend...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thank you, it helped a little but the 2.4 only has one exhaust outlet so what's the terminology for basically half of a y pipe that goes out to the left side.
Glass pack is no problem, just replace the res with the glass pack, but the muffler you’d have to buy pipe to fill what you took out to connect the tip of your exhaust with the rest of the system

1 - 6 of 6 Posts