Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In any crisis, effective communication means a lot. In the fight against COVID-19 automakers have poured resources into every aspect of the fight. GM owners should know that if their GM vehicle has WiFi capability, GM is now offering that free. GM is also offering free OnStar services. Here are some details

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,967 Posts
Thank you for sharing that!

·
Registered
496 Posts
I don't know if this is true for all Wi-Fi enabled GM vehicles.

My Wife has a 2020 Terrain that we bought 6 months ago so the freebie data is long gone. My phone's app shows 3GB for her vehicle but not for my '17 Malibu, the 3GB just showed up a few days ago. Refreshed the app several times, it just shows for me to contact an advisor unlike her that shows the 3GB 'gift'.

Not to mention, I've been getting emails from GMC regarding the free OnStar emergency response and 3GB data, not a thing from Chevy except ads to buy another vehicle or for dealer service (direct from GM, not from the dealer).

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,533 Posts
It might need to be activated. Following links and fine print from here to here... I found this. It has a link to activate the 4G by entering your VIN. Perhaps someone can try it. On a bright note, I got an email from onstar saying I won't be charged for my data plan in April or May. I wonder if that means I go from unlimited to 3 GB or it is just a courtesy waiver?

Attachments

Reactions: SilverSport

·
Registered
496 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Now that I think about it I did have to activate it for the Terrain but GMC sent an email for me about it. Never got anything from Chebbie so didn't even think to search to activate it.

I just took your advice and got a response from the web site it'll be activated in 3 days.

Much appreciated Campb.

·
Registered
2016 Malibu LT 1.5
30 Posts
Tried the second link for my 2016 Malibu LT and was told the offer doesn't apply to my vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Today was supposed to be the last day that this offer is valid for, so I just took advantage of it now for my 2017 Malibu LT. It seems that the previous owner of the car had disabled the OnStar feature so I couldn't sign up online. I had to go to the car & press the OnStar button twice & then when an operator answered, I explained what I wanted to do. As a new customer, they also gave me 3 free months of free OnStar service along with the 3 months / 3 GB data offer. I had to give a credit card number & I was told that my card would not be charged until August 12, so I can use the free services right up until August 11. So the offer is actually good for 103 days.

But now the page says offer expires June 1 so I guess they extended it? I'm in Canada so I'm not sure if the offer expires on different days in different countries.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts