Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am only about 2 days away from buying a 2LT Malibu. Does anybody know if the employee program is going to be offered in Canada? Right now we have 0% financing for up to 72 months and a $500 gas card as the current promotion. I was wondering if anybody could tell me if there is a new promotion coming out in Sept?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
I am only about 2 days away from buying a 2LT Malibu. Does anybody know if the employee program is going to be offered in Canada? Right now we have 0% financing for up to 72 months and a $500 gas card as the current promotion. I was wondering if anybody could tell me if there is a new promotion coming out in Sept?

Thanks
this is a question I wondered about before buying mine last Saturday. I don't know the answer, however I looked an how much is the discount for my model in US right now. Then, I had a quote from APA buying service that came roughly 1500 under the dealer asking price. I added my GM Visa points (another 1500$) and on top of all there is a gas card promotion worth 500$ in gas savings. So all that tallied up was pretty close to the GM pricing discount down in US (but do your own math just in case I am wrong).
It's likely that GM earnings will be not applicable to GM employee price (should we get it this year). Again, don't quote me on that, that is the impression I got googling various forums.

Oh yes, forgot 0% for up to 72 months...That was not even included in my math.

So, I figured there is not much point in waiting for the event.

BTW, I highly recommend APA (http://apa.ca). They have a buying service that guarantees you a fixed price based on invoice and dealer markup. They have dealers they work with.
However, you don't have to go through that. Just get a quote from them and the dealer of your choice will match the price because they won't wont to loose a customer and they still make their markup. I used that approach to by my last 2 cars, works every time. Highly recommend them, they are aware of all the promotions and will give you the lowest price.
Non-member quotes are 10$.

One pointer though. If you have a trade-in and go through a non APA dealer. Try to commit them to a fair trade-in value first, because they may try to lower it after you produce your APA quote, thus negating the advantage that you have.

The salesman I dealt with last Saturday gave me a fair and firm trade-in offer for my Honda right away. And he matched the APA price right away when I produced the quote.

EDIT: the discounts I mentioned are for Ontario. I don't know where you are, so it may be different.

·
Registered
28 Posts
best thing to do is get the apa quote, and get different dealers to try and beat the quote. if you email a whole bunch of them in the area it's usually not too hard to get someone to go a bit lower. take the numbers you get and call the apa to make sure you're not getting ripped off and that's it.

the apa is possibly the best money you can actually spend before you buy a new car.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
best thing to do is get the apa quote, and get different dealers to try and beat the quote. if you email a whole bunch of them in the area it's usually not too hard to get someone to go a bit lower. take the numbers you get and call the apa to make sure you're not getting ripped off and that's it.

the apa is possibly the best money you can actually spend before you buy a new car.
yeah, you got it. APA is awesome.

In regards to GM pricing - I am getting a feeling that dealers don't have a lot of freedom because MSRP are pretty tight. I researched a 09 Vibe and the sticker price is lower than for previous generation and the APA quote comes not much lower that that.
As to playing dealers against one another...Good idea, however how well it goes depends on a model. New Malibu sells quite well, so they might not be that motivated. It'd probably works well on Impalas for instance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.