Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an email from my dealer saying they were going to offer employee pricing again. Has anyone heard of this?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yes, unlike the last one, this time each employee gets one PIN number to offer to someone they know.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Some dealers are doing it right now. The local Chevy/Buick/GMC/Pontiac/Caddy dealer was doing Employee pricing to everyone for about 2 weeks. It seemed legit pricing too. Here are a few of the numbers they gave me.

Pontiac G6 V6 not many options List $23,025.00 GM Employee $21,049.85
rebate $2500.00 or 0% x 72 mos.

Pontiac G6 1SV 4 cyl. no options List $19,300.00 GM Employee $17,866.88
rebate $2000 or 0% for 72 mos.

Chevy Malibu LS 4 cyl. no options List $20,525.00 GM Employee $18,959.18
no rebate or special rate

·
Registered
512 Posts
Yup, but it's active employees only. I wish it was extended to retired employees as well, a friend of mine really wants a Malibu.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My wife liked my 2008 LTZ so much, she just came home in her new 2008 LT1 Malibu.

She received a $1,000 rebate PLUS an additional $1,500 off in "certificates". (6 x $250 each)

MSRP was $22,835 including premium floor mat pkg, power convienice pkg, body colored side mouldings, and power center. She paid invoice minus $2,500! Good deals are available!

Out the door, $21,100 (TT&L included!)

Dark Grey Metallic w/ Ebony cloth interior, BTW. Shes is a happy girl!

·
Registered
28 Posts
now it is employee price to everyone (don't need an employee sponsor) thru Sept 2

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Does GM give employee prices every year?
No. This was something they also did quite a long time ago and afterwards, said never again, which was why it was a bit of a shock it returned. It hurts the image and hurts values, which is why they never wanted to even mention the words again, but it certainly knocks the prices down nicely. Doesn't seem to have picked up sales traffic much, though, at least according to dealers I've seen and talked to.

So, long story short, no. Or at least they try really hard to never, ever do it and almost never did until just now again, due to inventory levels.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Does GM give employee prices every year?
GM last did this in August of 2005. I bought a '05 Vibe GT which turned out to be a big piece of junk. ~ repaired 11 times in 2 years.

The last Employee Pricing sale worked very well for GM is you look at just the numbers sold that month. However, the new car sales the following months was very poor. I feel it hurts used vehicle sales too. Why buy a 2 year old SUV when you can get a brand new one for the same price.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am only about 2 days away from buying a 2LT Malibu. Does anybody know if the employee program is going to be offered in Canada? Right now we have 0% financing for up to 72 months and a $500 gas card as the current promotion. I was wondering if anybody could tell me if there is a new promotion coming out in Sept?

Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
that might actually be a better deal than employee pricing. you only get about 2200.00 off on an ltz and yet 0% for 72months might save you up to 3000.00 to 4000.00 depending on what you finance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.