Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I found Godspeed SS ( https://godspeedproject.com/chevrolet-malibu-13-15-monoss-coilover-suspension-kit.html ) for our cars. Has anyone had any experience with these? I am pretty tired of messing around with these Vogtland springs and the issues ( we think they are defective at this point ). I plan to go with coils now as long as I am not the only person to go with them. Good? Bad? Opinions? Please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, I installed the coils today. As far as ride quality I have them set at hardest setting to see if I bottom out with my current height. Install was fairly easy, Standard tools needed to install. For the price we will see how they last for the long haul. Not at all at the lowest settings and here is the front.

Feel free to inquire about anything, I will gladly answer questions. Came with new adjustable stabalizer links that are metal instead of the plastic we have as OEM.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, wanted to toss some extra info in on this. Unless you plan to absolutely slam your car make sure that you properly adjust your sway bar links appropriately. 7.5 inches is what the spring should be for ideal preload. If you dont plan to track your car, I would advise extending the rear strut quite a bit to allow decent travel to reduce bounce. On hardest they hold up to hard turns pretty well. I bought them at Godspeedproject.com and they 3 people that man the phones are really awesome.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Follow up- the rear end is as low as it can go and on stock 16's I still have about 1.5 inches of wheel gap. Spring is sitting as low as it can on perch without there being no preload. I tried taking spindles out but get rattling from the rear, so clearly the springs need a bit of preload... Hoping that Godspeed can hook me up with smaller cartridges for the back to let me drop it more.

·
Registered
101 Posts
A couple questions. What was wrong with the Vogtland springs? Also, can monroe or kyb struts handle that kind of drop?

My Malibu has almost 100k and it is due for shocks and struts. However, vogtlands are $200, shocks and struts are also at least that much, and I don't know if they can handle a 30mm drop. So at that point, coilovers might make the most sense for only $200 more. I never liked the stock stance. Seems at least an inch too high with respect to the tires in the wheel wells.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts