Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a pretty good deal, it had 25k miles on it, so I'm guessing it was a fleet or rental car, but the price was low enough I didn't care. Interestingly it has the V6 with the 4 spd, something I didn't think they offered in the '08 LT2. Either way, it's pretty nice, I wish I could disable the radio auto volume adjust feature though.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Just got a pretty good deal, it had 25k miles on it, so I'm guessing it was a fleet or rental car, but the price was low enough I didn't care. Interestingly it has the V6 with the 4 spd, something I didn't think they offered in the '08 LT2. Either way, it's pretty nice, I wish I could disable the radio auto volume adjust feature though.
You should be able to. You can on the 2009 anyway. It's one of the radio options (using the menu button for the radio) and can be off, medium or high if I'm not mistaken. I dont recall offhand if the button is menu, options or what, but it's obvious.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
No 2LT ever had, or could have, the 3.5L/4-speed. That's a fleet LS thing ONLY. If it's a 2LT, really, it could only have the 2.4L/4-spd or the 3.6L/6-spd, no other possibility.

Are you sure of the model? Describe the trim, inside and out...I know it's an LS if that's the powertrain it has, but just to clarify.

Otherwise, congrats. Used or not, still a great car.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I had a 1yr old rental car before (it was a Nissan)... it was fine. Just be sure it didn't have any covered up damage. Otherwise they get serviced well and often, and yes some get beaten up, but not all, and it saves you a lot of $. Just be sure to use the warranty as often as possible before it expires to fix anything that pops up so you don't have to pay for it yourself.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you may have a 3.5 edition, which is not a bad car actually.

Does it say 3.5 anywhere? Under the hood, on any stickers, etc...Single exhaust or double with chrome tips? Paddle shifters?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you may have a 3.5 edition, which is not a bad car actually.

Does it say 3.5 anywhere? Under the hood, on any stickers, etc...Single exhaust or double with chrome tips? Paddle shifters?
Yeah, isn't the 3.5 flexfuel capable and takes E85?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It says LT on the trunk and 3500 V6 on the engine cover. I have the original dealer sticker in the glove box, I'll have to double check everything it has on it, but it does have the 4 speed with the 3.5 V6. It doesn't have the paddle shifters on the steering wheel, but it does have the up/down shifter on the knob. I know it's not a regular LT2 because it is missing some of the standard features, but it does have a bunch of 'em. So far I like it. Definitely has enough power and it is incredibly quiet. Now I've just to try and thaw the thing out so I can get that cheap wiper fluid that the dealer put in there out of it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you sure of the model? Describe the trim, inside and out...I know it's an LS if that's the powertrain it has, but just to clarify.
They must have accidentally put an LT emblem on the trunk and printed it on the original dealer sticker then :/ Really though, it must have just been a fleet option to get it configured this way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.