Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just went and picked up some 20" Metal FX rims. Lemme know what you think.....

Also have 20% tint wrapped (except for windshield)
Rockford Mono Amp P300-1
Rockford P2D412 12" Subwoofer

Attachments

·
Registered
574 Posts
That looks good. You should consider going a little darker with the tint, it would really make the chrome and white stand out more... Still very nice looking Malibu.

·
Registered
18 Posts
In my opinion the rims don't really match the car. When I bought my rims I wanted to make sure they were very sleek to match.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks good.. I wonder if 22"s would fit on the bu
When I went to the shop I asked if 20"s would fit. The guy said he could get 22"s on it. I imagine there would have to be a little modification to the wheel well though.

·
Registered
493 Posts
22's will fit but the bigger problem is the studs on the front hubs, they may not be long enough to poke into the rim far enough to get the lugnuts on. Malcious Mischief is rolling on 22's with his and I had to replace the studs up front with longer ones from the dealer, you have to ask for the longer studs for an 07 Malibu for aftermarket rims. He did have to use 5/16th spacers up front cause the backspacing was a little more than it should've been and they could've hit the strut, the tires did rub the spring seat but there's no way to do anything to make clearance but it only wore down about half the tread on about an inch of the tires width. One thing about replacing the studs though, you have to completely unbolt the hub from the knuckle to pull it out far enough to remove the studs before putting in the longer ones, there's not enough clearance to just pop them out the back.
His do rub a bit if he turns the steering too much, so he has to make wide turns or they'll rub the inner fender liner.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those are aight, they look racey to me. I like rims that have the "lip". I aint about to race nobody. Or i would have just gotten a honda

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
the handling is a lot better, but your ride is way more personal with every bump in the road. Nothing that would make me take them off though. to me it's worth it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Meh. :rolleyes:

I'd rather have a comfortable ride than stylin'. The Malibu, being FWD, will never ever be a "good handling car" in the same class as my other ride, so I'll take sidewall cushioning anyday.

To each their own.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i had my car in the shop to get some body damage repaired so they used the color match paint.

·
Registered
16 Posts
In my opinion the rims don't really match the car. When I bought my rims I wanted to make sure they were very sleek to match.

Those wheels look great on your car!:)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Those are aight, they look racey to me. I like rims that have the "lip". I aint about to race nobody. Or i would have just gotten a honda
FOR WHAT? A stunt double in FnF 32?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I dont like the wheels personally. But, we each have or own style. Keep up the modding and make it yours.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.