Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, I'm glad to say that I got my new Malibu on Monday. :D
It's a 2008 2LT Red Jewel with cocoa/cashmere, V6 engine package, rear power package with rear window sunshade, and a sunroof. I was going to get a 2009, but I couldn't pass up the deal on this '08. They sold it to me at invoice, plus I had a coupon from GM for $2,000 off any new '08, plus $1,000 rebate because the car had a V6, plus $1,000 rebate from my GM card. So including everything I was able to get my Bu at $4,000 below invoice! :D
If I had gone for the '09 I would have lost out on $3,000 of the rebates, and since my mama did not raise a fool, I got the '08.

The funny thing about the deal was that I didn't know that we had the $2,000 coupon until late Saturday night when my wife was sorting through the junk mail. I had been looking at cars for about two weeks and had narrowed it down to the Accord or the Malibu, but I was waiting for the Labor Day Sale to see what GM was going to do, and I had not found the exact car that I wanted yet. Then all of a sudden my wife finds the coupon and we notice the expiration date is Monday, and here in Las Vegas the dealerships are all closed on Sunday. So Monday morning my wife and I set out to find "The Car", and we found it, at a great dealership, Findlay Chevrolet.
I wont go into the time that we waisted at a very sleazy dealership earlier that day. But the day ended fantastically, because with one hour to go before closing, we were driving home in our new car! :D:D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Congrats.

Sounds like you got a good 'Bu.

Pics? :D

I'm glad I got the 'Bu.

For 27,000 (roughly) for the LTZ I am currently paying off (I have about 14k left).

I believe it's one of the best vehicles you can get for the money.

The only complaints I have about the 'Bu is...

- Small / unlockable glove box.
- The paddleshift shifting is odd. I would've prefered they would've had a - and a + instead of two + that you push in the same direction (both sides) to up and downshift.

Other than that, I'm 100% satisfied.

And the 2 things I listed are obviously minor and myself complaining when I really shouldn't be =D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, my wife and I are loving our new car, and I'm enjoying the forum. I'm glad to be part of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.