Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy have I got rain. :( This week is looking terrible, nothing but rain for almost the entire week. I found an issue and wanted to ask everyone if they have noticed the same. Problem is when it has been raining and I open the drivers door, a large amount of water gets in the car, especially on my leather seats. It's like the door seal holds water between the seal and the roof, then when the door is opened it just spills all over the seats. :mad: Seems a bit like poor design. Anyone else notice this on their Malibu?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine hasn't been in rain yet, but when I washed it I didn't notice this happening.

I hose it off pretty good, so there would be water in the seals. But when I opened the door to wipe out the door jambs, no water spilled on the seats.

Chris

·
Registered
167 Posts
It's been raining constantly here on the east coast, and very hard at times. I have not noticed this problem.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have had mine in a few heavy storms but haven't noticed that problem.

·
Registered
795 Posts
It has been a very wet spring here and I have not noticed the problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I get a few drops of water on the side of the seat every now and then. Seems in my case to be dripping from the roof edge.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Exactly where mine is coming from. The car wasn't on a slope. The car is waxed and the water beads, so I wonder if that couldn't be part of the problem?

·
CMF Honorary Member
1,143 Posts
I get a few drops of water on the side of the seat every now and then. Seems in my case to be dripping from the roof edge.
Exactly where mine is coming from. The car wasn't on a slope. The car is waxed and the water beads, so I wonder if that couldn't be part of the problem?
Does anyone remember cars with rain gutters?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Does anyone remember cars with rain gutters?
Sure do.
We do have a low profile gutter approx. 2 inches from the top of the door opening.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.