Votes: 8 19.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what you guys thought about the grilles on the Malibu. When I first purchased my car in June I loved the look of the LTZ. However, I did not like the two-tone interior or the fact that I could only find one in black. I was dead set on a blue car and loved the look of the Imperial Blue Metallic. I really liked the look of the 2LT with the ebony interior and blue exterior. I decided that the wheels were ok...not as good as the LTZ but still ok. It did not have climate control but it did have a sunroof, heated seats, remote start, and premium floormats, V6 and 6 speed, and plus, it was cheaper. I went ahead and got the 2LT but asked the dealer if they could intall fog lights and the silver grille. The dealer said said that they could not do either modification. A couple of months after I bought my car I had the paint problem discussed elsewhere in this forum where the paint peels away where the bumper meets the fender above the headlight. This was fixed under warranty and the body shop manager told me that since they had to take the whole bumper off they could put on the silver grille. Well, my wife did not like the grill and needless to say I backed out at the last minute. Now I am beating myself up over that decision, plus, I now see that GM offers the silver grille as an accessory to "give your LS or LT the look of an LTZ." (Dealer couldn't do it my ass...) I am still thinking about doing this modification.
Anyways...sorry for the disertation, but do you like the silver grille on the LTZ or do you perfer the black grill on the LS and LT?

Personally, I have always liked the silver grill better.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
237 Posts
Grill color?...Except for the silver LTZ, which under some lighting conditions can be 'silver/chrome/headlights overkill', they all look good to me either way.(Especially the white or black ones)__I was mulling the idea around of getting a second chrome grill(OEM or aft) and giving the mesh the 'black chrome' look with Dupli-Color's Metalcast Smoke.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think the LTZ grille is the only way to go. The black grille on the lower models make the car look so bland - sometimes I think I'm looking at a Impala.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Bland? Well at least on the black LT model, I prefer black. The chrome outlines the grille areas very well.

Having silver grille would be overkill. Large openings invoke a sportier, open look.

Most people want whatever the top model has. If the LTZ had black then everyone would want black. In the case of the malibu black looks better on all models for a more agressive look.

Change for the sake of change is not always a better look just to have whatever the top models happens to have.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like most people prefer the silver grille...whether they have them or not. :cool:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Bland? Well at least on the black LT model, I prefer black. The chrome outlines the grille areas very well.

Having silver grille would be overkill. Large openings invoke a sportier, open look.

Most people want whatever the top model has. If the LTZ had black then everyone would want black. In the case of the malibu black looks better on all models for a more agressive look.

Change for the sake of change is not always a better look just to have whatever the top models happens to have.
I totally agree! I think that whatever it came like from the factory, is the way it should stay. I personally think that my 17" bolt on chrome wheel covers look better than the real ones on my cousins LTZ with the 'spring package'

i guess its just a matter of opinion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.