Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
White vinegar and very fine steel wool. Rub lightly until you don't see or feel the water spots anymore. You can feel them because they are the mineral deposits from hard water after the water evaporates. In extreme cases it'll eat into the glass and cause pitting. Those are much harder to remove and may end up requiring glass replacement. Check with a window, glass, or tint company to see if they can give you any suggestions.

DONT USE STEEL WOOL, it scratches the glass, you may not see it while your doing it, but in the right sunlight it looks like you took a buffer to your windows with sand. It will scratch them. The best thing i've found so far is a product made by duragloss, which is a water / hard spot remover. its sold at carquest and it applied by hand or machine. just put some on a rag and start rubbing. Wash your windows first of course. And wash again when done and apply 2 coats of rain-x.

what I do is wash the car under the shade then air dry it by leaf blower to minimize hard spots then dry it with chamois leather, then wiping the glass again with (invisible glass) wipes, it works for me.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
what I do is wash the car under the shade then air dry it by leaf blower to minimize hard spots then dry it with chamois leather, then wiping the glass again with (invisible glass) wipes, it works for me.

White cars are easy though, my old one hid everything. I mean it was filthy but looked clean. When it was clean you could hardly tell the difference. Then again I did have the tri coat so it was a off-white.

I probably won't use steel wool...I'll just try 100% vinegar on a rag after the car is washed and dried. I have some spots on my paint that won't come off either...will that Duragloss product work on paint as well?

Hard water on glass? No problem here.....but! Hard water spots on paint, that is another story. I have heard 1/2 Vinegar and 1/2 water mixed will do the job. Haven't done it yet. Since my current ride is the Ford Focus with (I think?) metallic paint, it might hide those rascally hard water spots!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.