Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had the auto stop engage and then quickly restart the engine before the car is completely stopped? What I am describing is not necessarily the auto stop. But, it sounds and feels like it. Of course this causes the car to lurch forward because your foot hasn't pushed on the pedal hard enough for the car to stop moving. Has happened 3 times within 20,000 miles. 2017 LS. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
4,774 Posts
Get the behavior on video and bring it to your chevy dealer for warranty work. They will be infinitely more helpful than what we can offer responding over the internet based on a description.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is currently living at the dealer for this and the fuel gauge issue. It would be very hard to capture on video as it occurs infrequently. I was more concerned if other people have had this happen than how to fix it

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
4,774 Posts
That would have been helpful to mention in your original post, since you didn't bring up any actions you had already taken and asked for ideas.

I also updated your title to more accurately reflect your problem and your request. Good luck!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would have been helpful to mention in your original post, since you didn't bring up any actions you had already taken and asked for ideas.

I also updated your title to more accurately reflect your problem and your request. Good luck!
Ok. But I am not sure it is the auto stop/start. It feels as though the car engine shuts off and then restarts immediately. So, I expect it could be related to this feature which is why I was asking if anyone else had experienced this phenomenon.

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
4,774 Posts
Trust me, this title is more accurate and understandable than the grammatical mess you had originally. When you post in the Problems/Service issues section, ya gotta mention that your car is already in service.

I don't know if you've noticed, but we're getting like 10+ posts per day from new members lately, many of which are in the wrong sections and lack basic identifying information. So forgive me if my posts come across short. The unpaid site mods are at wits' end.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trust me, this title is more accurate and understandable than the grammatical mess you had originally. When you post in the Problems/Service issues section, ya gotta mention that your car is already in service.

I don't know if you've noticed, but we're getting like 10+ posts per day from new members lately, many of which are in the wrong sections and lack basic identifying information. So forgive me if my posts come across short. The unpaid site mods are at wits' end.
I no longer own this vehicle. It was never fixed. It was repurchased. Moving onto a forum that covers a different manufacturer, where the atmosphere is more relaxed.

·
Elite Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
2,301 Posts
I never saw this thread... this is normal if rolling to a stop. The system technically can autostop if under 3mph. If you roll to that slow and it thinks the behavior will result in a stop, it can shut off. If you let up on the brake or touch the accelerator it can restart. I have seen this happen a few times. Doesn't really matter now though... glad everything worked out. Enjoy, thread closed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.