Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We purchased this car in mid September and I am very happy with it. I am comfortable in the car, however being 6'1" I have very little head room even with the seat in it's lowest position. I probably have no more than 1/2" between the top of my head and the roof. Getting in the drivers seat after my shorter wife has been driving requires a downware adjustment of the seat before I can even get in the car. I guess this is the price for that low sexy roof line, however I'm wondering how other tall people are finding the head room for them? Has it been a deciding factor for anyone to not buy the car?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 2LT with a sunroof and my hair will barely touch once in a great while. I am 6'5", but more of my height is in my legs.

My seat is all the way back with the front tilted all the way up. So my head is about even with the b pillar. I find the front tilted up gives great support for my long legs. The only problem for me is that my big ole but will hit the b pillar when I get in unless I sit on the front edge of the seat and scoot back.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
6'-3" here too, and never AT ALL a headroom issue in either my G6 coupe or current Malibu, except for maybe a little in the back seat with some hair rubbing the back of the headliner if I really sit back against the seat. If anything, even with both having a sunroof, they somehow have more head space for me up front than some other cars, at least for the shape.

I keep my seat about mid-way up, as well. So this is odd...hmm. The only headroom mention I've seen was my father the first time he sat in the manual passenger's seat of mom's 2LT--no height adjustment--and his head did rub the headliner around the sunroof if he sat a certain way. I've never had that happen, though, and it's just because that seat is mounted up.

·
Registered
293 Posts
With seat at the lowest setting, I feel like I am riding on the road itself at a grand height of 5' 6". I am loving it :cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am 6'1" with no issues with the malibu. I have plenty of head room and leg room.

·
Registered
749 Posts
5'2" and I have no problem with headroom LOL

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
With seat at the lowest setting, I feel like I am riding on the road itself at a grand height of 5' 6". I am loving it :cool:
I am the same height and have risen the seat a little....this morning I bumped my head on the door frame getting out :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.