Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we are in the dark time of year for those of us in the Northern tier of states, the shortcomings of the headlights in the MH are particularly noticeable, especially in rainy weather. There are times I swear the lights are not even on. I am wondering if there is a simple swap-out or upgrade of the Halogen bulbs that will improve this situation.

I did go back and read some of the threads in the general forum and noted that LED swap-outs may not work over the long haul and there was one fellow who did a complete HID conversion and you-tubed it, with an apparently good result. As some time has passed since those threads were active I would like to hear from others who have had success upgrading the MH headlights. In particular has anyone had a dealer do a mod and at what cost.

·
Administrator
17,134 Posts
Use the Advanced Search and look for "SNGL" and "V4" or "V-4". There are several members who have gotten LED bulbs and really like them. You should even be able to do the swap yourself since all it mostly entails is changing bulbs.

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
I did a HID conversion in my '15 that has projector housings. Zero issues and I would suspect no issues in a Gen 9 either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts