Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ran into the problem where the front of their headliner in front of the sunroof is hanging loosely from the top of the car? I have found that the factory used two-sided tape with Velcro to hold the headliner in place. I have tried using gorilla double-sided tape with a 30 pound limit and it held for a week, does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct with the factory should have done from the start?
Car Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive mirror Mirror

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
where there is a red arrow, that’s where there is two sided tape with Velcro to hold the front of the headliner in place. I took the map lights out a second ago and pressed the tape back up onto the roof, that’s why it looks better now in the photo. After a week, it’ll fall back down, and when you push the sun roof buttons, or map lights, you push the front of the headliner up as will. So annoying, hope someone has a good suggestion on how to correct this, I wish the factory would have used plastic clips but they saved so much money going with Velcro and double sided tape.
Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive mirror

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
4,372 Posts
Perhaps a picture of the issue will help.

If it is what I am guessing, try industrial Velcro. It is pretty strong and sticky adhesive side is hard to remove. Ironically, plastic clips would have been cheaper than Velcro. I wouldn't use any spray glue. That soaks through and gets ugly. Also make sure there isn't a small leak that ruined the existing tape.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.