Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious about something (or being anal rather :)).

On the front passenger side a-pillar/ceiling there is a two tone rubber insulation strip that goes over the ceiling headliner. I accidentally found that the overlap of the rubber over the headliner is really small, a couple of milliliters or so. In fact, the way I found that is by noticing that the headliner was sticking out at one place. I tucked it back in and it seem to stay though.
On the drivers side as well as both sides there's notably more of an overlap.

Just wondering if it's like that on other cars have uneven overlap or the headliner is not quite cut to size.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem on my 08 LTZ which I took to the dealer yesterday, they applied velcro to the windshield pilar trim which is holding it tighter and not allowing the headliner to come down, so far it is working.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same problem on my 08 LTZ which I took to the dealer yesterday, they applied velcro to the windshield pilar trim which is holding it tighter and not allowing the headliner to come down, so far it is working.
good idea actually...mine stays put, but if it ever starts coming out I will know what to do.

btw, I also noticed that gap on the wetherstripping between black and white rubber parts is narrower on that door than on any other door in the car...it probably contributes a lot to the issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.