Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 6'-3" and just noticed on the way to work I have 1" to the roof when I actually sit up straight. If I stretch out my head touches the roof. I have an LTZ with a moonroof.

I'm actually a little worried about this. If I get in an accident my head is going to smash the ceiling as I'm heading forward on the way to the airbag.

I don't know if there's a way to get the seats lower? Or is it a moonroof that cuts into the headroom?

I can't believe I didn't notice this when I test drove the car.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Are the seats adjusted all the way down? If so, maybe a little more tilt back would help. I was thinking there was more room than that.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Have to agree with BLUE-BU, try adjusting the seat back.

One of the things that I found disconcerting when comapted to my 05, was that the seat when on the lowest setting was still "higher", also not sur if there is more padding on the seat of my 09 due to the heated seats, still found I was sitting higher in the 09 than the 05.

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you recline the seat somewhat and tilt the bottom part, it will help.

Another point: At 6'3" do you find the seats don't go back far enough? I'm considerably shorter than that and can drive with my seat all the way back...and usually do (almost have to do that to get in/out with that steering wheel -- it doesn't tilt very much... and I don't want to use the power seat every time I get in/out).

·
Registered
568 Posts
Im 6ft2 and just right.. plenty of head room and seats are not all the way back.. If I have the seat all the way straight up its close but its uncomfortable to sit like that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
HAHA! I can relate my man. I'm 6'3'' and when i test drove it I couldn't move. If I went to a drive through I'd break my neck trying to put my head outside the window. I liked the car so much i bought it anyway. When I got my, i adjusted the seat and it's been great.

You have to push the bar down so the seat drops low. Pushing the seat back or tilting doesn't help enough. If you push the bar down everything will go lower then you're good to go.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Im 6'5 and 1/2 so I have to struggle to fit in any car.

With the Malibu I put the seat all the way down, tilt the rear of the seat back and then tilt up the front of the seat. When doing that I feel I fit very very comfortably in the car.

Now, if someone is riding with us, I have to completely readjust the seat to make it comfortable for me again.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm 6'4" - I haven't picked mine up yet - but the one that I rented a few months back - I was able to put the seat all the way back - then bring it forward just a tad - then lean the back a little and the seats were perfect..... You should be good - try playing with the seat back a little bit more.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Huh... so all of you tall people have moonroofs and a power seat? I think the power seat takes a few inches out and the moonroof takes a few out too.

I have the seat reclined so that my shoulder/head is parallel with the airbag logo between the front and rear doors -- I can easily see through the back window just by looking sideways.

Maybe my torso is long... anyway it's annoying.

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Well it seems that me being 6'7" makes me the tallest one that has said anything.....But I have my seat all the way back, lowered all the way down, reclined just a little bit and I probably have a good 2inches from the ceiling if not more. I am more than comfortable in my Malibu. Not many cars have tall people in mind....I've searched for days looking for a car that would fit me in comfortably and the Malibu exceeded those expectations.

I don't have a sunroof....That'd look a little funny to be driving down the road with a little bit of your head out the window.

Then again I made myself fit into a 2009 Corvette at the dealership....Don't ask :)

·
Registered
700 Posts
I am 6'4".....And I have to say headroom has always been a bit of an issue / thought for myself also.

I have my seat all the way down and reclined back a bit; I still have a hard time finding the ultimate comfortable position....but I play with the seat every once and awhile and try something different.

The sunroof I feel actually give a bit more headroom as I am a leaner and tend to rest on the arm rest more than I should. However I had a 2005 GP with no power seats and those frikin seats wouldn't go down far enough for me; that is why I had to have the power adjustable seats so I could slam them all the way to the floor. LOL

Also I wonder if the seat will give way a bit more over time; I am sure my "fat arse" will compress the foam in the seat somewhat. LOL (for the record I weight about 220lbs)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.