Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a problem with my passenger heated seat turning on all by itself. I took it to the dealer and of course they couldn't get the seat to turn on. There doesn't seem to be a pattern or certain time it comes on, it's just random. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what you may have done to fix it.

Thanks,
Heather

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Never heard of anyone here complaining about this...

·
Registered
438 Posts
How on earth are you notcing the heated seat come on from the drivers seat? If there is a passenger in the seat noticing it, could it perhaps be an issue of the passenger accidentally turning on the switch and not notcing that they did it? It's in a spot that would lend to bumping it without knowing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, sometimes I ride when I let my fiance drive ;)
But, after the first couple of times that I noticed it was coming on I made sure that I would watch to make sure I wasn't or whoever was sitting in the seat wasn't bumping the switch and it was for sure coming on by itself.
Sometimes it will come on a few minutes after turning it off from when it originally came on by itself. At first, I thought it had something to do with the temperature in the car being set so much higher than the outside temperature, but since it has been warm out as of late that hasn't seemed to make a difference. Like I said before there really doesn't seem to be a pattern to them coming on either. I also can't pull the fuse for the seats because it runs other needed accessories.
I'll have to keep researching.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Well, sometimes I ride when I let my fiance drive ;)
But, after the first couple of times that I noticed it was coming on I made sure that I would watch to make sure I wasn't or whoever was sitting in the seat wasn't bumping the switch and it was for sure coming on by itself.
Sometimes it will come on a few minutes after turning it off from when it originally came on by itself. At first, I thought it had something to do with the temperature in the car being set so much higher than the outside temperature, but since it has been warm out as of late that hasn't seemed to make a difference. Like I said before there really doesn't seem to be a pattern to them coming on either. I also can't pull the fuse for the seats because it runs other needed accessories.
I'll have to keep researching.
Very odd... I would take it to the dealership. I wish the seats and rear defroster would come on automatically with the remote start, but that's a different issue.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Very odd... I would take it to the dealership. I wish the seats and rear defroster would come on automatically with the remote start, but that's a different issue.
That would be nice... Not so much the rear defroster for me down here in Florida... But that 4-5 day period during the "winter" where it drops down into the low 60's at night.... The heated seats coming on would be great. Lol

·
Registered
438 Posts
That would be nice... Not so much the rear defroster for me down here in Florida... But that 4-5 day period during the "winter" where it drops down into the low 60's at night.... The heated seats coming on would be great. Lol
Well in WI it would be great as a setting. A lot of cars heated seats are the toggle type switch not an automatic resetting switch. If it was like that and you left it on, and used the remote start to turn on the car, the seats could come on, or perhaps if it sensed a certain temperature. Same for the defroster. In FL you dont need heated seats or defrosters.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I totally have the same problem... My driver side, heated seat turns on at random points in time (I never have anyone in the passenger seat so I have no idea if that seat is turning on). I've only had the car for 7 months (a 2008 LTZ, my Dad had it before, but he'd be the last person to notice that the seat was getting hot... so he thinks I'm crazy)... but, I have gotten into the habit to look at the button when I sit down and then notice that halfway through my drive to, or from, work my seat would be getting hot...

I'm not a very big girl, so there's no way that I'm accidentally hitting the switch... I have no idea why it does it... I like to have heated seats but not in the summer time when my a$$ is already sweaty... :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
My rear defroster does come on when I use the remote start.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Surely you Jest! :rolleyes: 60's and you need heated seats :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own an 08 Malibu LTZ and my driver's side heated seat turns on by itself also. I know I am not accidentally turning it on because it turns on after I've been driving for a while and I have both hands on the wheel. It seems to be happening more often then not, so I constantly check it and make sure it's not on but then it just happens. Wonder if there is a bulletin on this?

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
I own an 08 Malibu LTZ and my driver's side heated seat turns on by itself also. I know I am not accidentally turning it on because it turns on after I've been driving for a while and I have both hands on the wheel. It seems to be happening more often then not, so I constantly check it and make sure it's not on but then it just happens. Wonder if there is a bulletin on this?

Hi Laura,

It sounds mysterious to me! Have you consulted with your local dealership about your concern? If you could private message me your full name, contact information, VIN and mileage, I will check for outstanding open service announcements on your vehicle.

Kenneth M.
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.