Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone. I tried to use the search function, but for some reason it kept coming back with string errors or something.
I have a `04 Impala here and the heater fan won't shut off with the key. I have to pull the fuse or it drains the battery. Has this issue been addressed before and if so can anyone give me the fix please?
*edit*
I also have no fan speed control when the car is on or running, it just stays the same speed all the time regardless of the fan control switch or ignition switch position.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I found the problem. There is a module attached to the heater fan resistor block in the heater housing next to the blower motor. First one of those I've seen.

·
Registered
32 Posts
that would probably be the afterblow module, it may have a problem, it will run the blower for a set time after the key is turned off, it is supposed to do that, if it is equipped with a afterblow option. they do this to prevent mold from accumulating inside the blower case from moisture. whether or not that is what you are experiencing is beyond me, as i cant see the vehicle in person.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
afterblow module? Ermm...no. It`s a heater blower motor module. I now have the speed control back and the fan shuts off with the control panel or with the ignition key just like it should. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
32 Posts
oh ok, wasnt sure exactly what you were looking for i guess?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.