Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning Alll do you know of any problems with the heating systems on the mailbu? My wife and i own the Hybrid.I set the Auto temp to 75 and it blows nothing but cool air. Thanks for any input you my have.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hybrid? You must not be American :p

I do not know about the automatic climate control, though the manual control which is on my LS is more than enough for me (Personally, I like to be in complete control. The minute the car says it knows more than me about my comfort level is the minute the scrap yard gets a new addition). It blows very hot air when needed on command (I left the 'bu running for only two minutes and already it was blowing hot air in 38 degree F weather) and ice cold air on a pinch (in 92 degree weather, rolled up windows, turned on the cold air WITHOUT the AC Button pressed and it was shooting very chilling air in no time).

That does bring me to another question I've had about the climate control...if you don't select the "A/C" button and it is not lit up, is it still using the air conditioning unit when the cold air is selected? I would think not, but it feels like it :cool:

·
Registered
701 Posts
Don't have much information about the auto climate, but it was my understanding it uses either system, heat or a/c to maintain your required temperature?

Also on the topic of heat, we are in a bit of a cold spell here in Ontario right now, so last night on my way home I figured I would try the heated seats. OH MY GOD second setting set my buns a blaze!!!!

Don't see me using number 2 setting very often, 1 was quite nice though, kept my tushy warm! LOL.

·
Registered
72 Posts
DOACanada- I'm in Ontario also. My wife is the primary driver of the Bu. I asked her which heat setting she uses. She said you have to work up to the number 2 setting but once you get used to it, you'll never go back to 1.:)

·
Registered
421 Posts
DOACanada- I'm in Ontario also. My wife is the primary driver of the Bu. I asked her which heat setting she uses. She said you have to work up to the number 2 setting but once you get used to it, you'll never go back to 1.:)
She's right. Our temperatures have been at or near freezing for the past few mornings, and I wait at the bottom of our drive with my daughter for her school bus before I head on to work. The seats have singlehandedly saved me $$ in fuel, because I haven't kept the car running to get it warmed up and get hot air from the vents. If nobody else has noticed, the 'bu's seats work with the engine off, while the other GM vehicles I've owned with this feature haven't (not on the 07 Av or 07 Trailblazer, anyway).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the input. I wish I had the heated seats. I sure do like the hybrid I'm getting 28 in the city and 40mpg on the highway. Take care and thanks again.:)

·
Registered
749 Posts
Oh my god Bud keep wishing they are GOD! I wake up early in the morning on my way to school.. the inside of the car is freezing but I turn on the seat heaters to level one and my arsehole is nice and warm within a minute.. level two though I feel like my arse DNA is being modified it's so HOT!

·
Registered
126 Posts

But warms where a feature I was looking to get in my next car and it was worth it. You are correct once you get used to 2 you won't go back to 1.. What I like to do is use 2 for a few minutes to get really warm and then switch back to 1 if its to hot.. I usually don't find it that way. Saves money on heating for sure as I am warm in the right areas

As for the auto ac I have it in my LTZ and you set the desired temp say 21'C or 70'F for our American friends. The car will sense the outside and inside temp and either use AC or vent to heat the car. Generally it will use AC first to hit the desired temp and then switch off. Only turning back on when necessary.

I have been lately simply turning it off and using the but warmers to heat the car :p I also use the vents but it take some time to warm up by the time its warm enough I can turn the but warmer down to 1 if I want, which currently I don't do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.