Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I recently purchased a 2013 Malibu 2lz 2.0T, coming from a fleet 2010 Impala. Quite an upgrade. So far love this car. Purchased for 11,500 from a dealer with 75k miles on it (engine apparently was rebuilt at 36k). No issues so far although I here some road noise in the back, might be a wheel wearing. Not too concerned about it as I did invest in a warranty at the dealer so it's covered riving off the lot. They have plenty of pep despite it's comfort factor, although I feel the transmission is a little sleepy and the shiftronic button shifter isn't as engaging as say paddle shifters or a standard (which I don't think has been on a malibu in over 15 years at this point). Don't think I am going to go too crazy with her but I am thinking a sub install (line out converter from the factory system, unsure about going the after market radio route, seems like a lot of work), trifecta tune, intake, and maybe new rims or an exhaust, although the factory 18" wheels do look quite nice.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
welcome...the transmission may become a bit better after it learns your style of driving...I'm not sure how much better it might get as it is a bit lazy but the turbo does make for at least a little excitement...

enjoy the ride

Bill

...to add...using Premium (I use 93 octane in the GF's 3LT) seems to make a difference in both performance and fuel efficiency...good luck with yours

Bill

·
Super Moderator
722 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Nice ride you have there!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts