Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a weird problem.

I have had the fuel pump and the engine replaced in my 2003 Malibu (75K miles) in the past three months. I got the car back from engine replacement ~ 2 weeks ago. Now, in the morning, the car will not start. This appears to have started 5 days after I got it back from engine repair. When this happens I get dash lights, I can hear the fuel pump start, but no cranking occurs. If I let it sit until 1 or 2 in the afternoon the car will usually start right up. Obviously, this is not a good solution.

I have checked battery voltages and they appear to be good. I have checked voltages from battery terminal to ground and they read fine. I have tried starting the car with the gas pedal depressed. I have tried both keys that came with the car. The "Theft System" light operates normally.

In the morning, this Malibu just does not want to crank. Any ideas?

Edit: This morning the car did not start the first three times I tried. I then turned the key to the "On" position and waited. After ~ 15 seconds the horn blow once, very quickly. I then turned the key to "Start" and the car started right up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In the morning, this Malibu just does not want to crank. Any ideas?
Took it to the shop where the 3ngine was replaced and, over the course of a couple of weeks, they replaced the neutral safety switch, the wiring harness that runs between the starter, nss, and ignition switch. It's finally fixed but I don't know what fixed it. I'm going on the assumption that is was the ignition switch. Garage didn't charge me anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.