Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2010 malibu 2.4 liter, it has 65,000 miles. This was my grandma's car, always taken care of, now it's my daily driver.
About a month ago, it started doing a thing where it died sometimes going from a stop to take off and turn. I turn the key off and restart it and it worked fine for a while. Just dangerous if I pull out in front of traffic because I don't know if it'll act up or not.
I've taken it to several shops, one tried throttle body and it didn't do anything. The chevy dealer replaced an O2 sensor and I did the spark plugs also and cleaned the throttle body.

It ran fine for a while, now it is sputtering occasionally going from a stop to a turn, I've just been driving it, but yesterday it popped up service ESC and felt like a loss of power, then died when I went to stop and turn again. I restarted it and drove it right home.
I'm guessing the fuel pump may be going out?
I have no idea, but I wish I could fix it before it really does strand me or damages something.
I'm taking it to another shop later, but just wanted some idea of what this might be or what to look at?
Thank you so much!

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
3,378 Posts
Discussion moved from gen9 modifications to gen7 problems/troubleshooting.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi I had that problem with my 2011 Malibu. It would idling erratic at stop and go, stall and light up with svc traction light. I have to tell you need diagnosis to start to narrow it downMy car had no codes mine was stop and go driving.Check basic things battery connection did you get a new battery? Check wires protective covers mine dry routed and felloff. If I drove long for several hours on highway that is when svc esc came on very annoying and intermittent, Any parts you replace use only ac delco. Try the least expensive things first air filter and MAF sensor can clean with only MAF spray, throttle can clean with throttle cleaner spray on rag and then clean out throttle. The BCM is located on passenger side with fuses do fretting listed on here sometimes the pins can get dirty and all you need to do is disconnect both ends several times and then apply dielectric on the pins. check fuses you have a fuse box under the hood, passenger side and another in the trunk. Under the hood would be where you should check the fuses. I also suggest gently touching the wires and seeing if would start or checking if a wire moved does anything. The plugs get very hot I put protective cover over the wires by the coils Hope this is a good start.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts