Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brand new 09 LTZ 4cyl auto w/ 2K miles is doing something that I have never experienced. Yesturday caused me a panic attack. On 3 diffrent occassions I would press the gas and my BU would not go. Yesturday I took off in front of oncoming traffic and sure enough I pressed the gas while in "D" and no go. Here comes the traffic, expecting me to take off and the only thing my car registered was 4000 rpms:eek: Thats right, the engine was rev'n but the trans was not. I pulled up on the gas and tried again hoping to not get side swiped. This time the car went to about 3000 rpms and then jolted the tranny. I avoided a potential pile up and will take her in tomorrow. The dealer said wow, we will have to take it for a test ride and I told me good luck of trying to repeat it. It has only happened 3 times and no engine light? Do any of the very smart people here, have some idea of what is going on??? :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She is at the dealer right now and they have never heard of such a thing???? Come on GM, figure this out, because I never want to go through that again....

·
Registered
569 Posts
When I had my problem it would not go out of First gear.. it just wouldnt change gears but I could at least move.. They replaced the battery and computer and havent had any trouble since.. But i also got a check engine light.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so I went to the dealer and they flashed the computer with a new shift point code. Hope it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.