Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I own a 2014 Chevy Malibu with a 2.5 l right now I'm at a 140000 miles. At about 85K mr car spat out a P0101 code and that's where this journey begins. I had brought my car into the Chevy dealer a total of 8 times and let them keep it to drive for a total of 600 miles. During that time they threw parts at it, we changed the vvt intake actuator and a fuel purge canister. The car continued to throw that P0101 code so I brought it in for a final time and that's when they realized that the Intake rocker arm solenoid had broken apart. They swapped the part out and I'm good till about a 120000 miles that's when I throw the P0101 code yet again. So I throw another intake vvt actuators on. I also did the exhaust side, changed the mass air flow sensor and the crankshaft position sensor. I get the car back today from the dealer and now I got the P055B code come on right after i leave the lot.... After reading a couple post on this form I'm starting to feel like maybe pieces from the Rocker arm selenoid control valve are stuck in my cam cover... Is anybody else having the same issue and if so have you found a resolution?
All I can find is people recommening to replace my Cam cover but nobody seems to have actually done it. I'm running out of cash to throw at this thing and don't want another $1000 repair to just go down the tubes... Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-speed 6T40
4,255 Posts
I brought it in for a final time and that's when they realized that the Intake rocker arm solenoid had broken apart
That's it right there. If it broke apart the bulletin says replacement of the cover is required. They ignored the bulletin. And now, pieces could be in the new valve. If it broke apart, you must replace both or you get what you got. Not one or the other or one then the other, both at the same time according to the bulletin. The 2nd code isn't necessarily tied to the issue but since you already know the work was done improperly I'd start there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.