Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
and
No worries. I'm happy to share any information I can. I just emphasized the differences between the two. There are other ways of doing it and mine may or may not work for others.
and trust me, people like me really appreciate it... i have done a lot of searching the past few days on these cars and it’s so hard to get information on the 2020 models, like i said i’ve done systems in the past and it’s a walk in the park with an aftermarket radio, this is pretty much all brand new to me.. when i get home from work i’ll check the trunk and tear it apart and take some pictures, maybe some pictures of my sub and amp as well

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
19,227 Posts
Unless they changed things up, Bose gets the extra amp, non-Bose has none. That's how the Gen7 models are.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Unless they changed things up, Bose gets the extra amp, non-Bose has none. That's how the Gen7 models are.
My LT is non-Bose and has the amp. It’s a 2018.
Not sure on the 19-20’s though. Still looking.

Reactions: DrivenDaily

·
Super Moderator
2016 Malibu 1LT 1.5T
3,127 Posts
2016-2018 non-bose amp in trunk, right side. 2019+ non-bose amp right side of blower motor under/behind glove box. That's what I've thought for years anyway. I'd be crushed if everything I knew was wrong. Ha.

Reactions: DrivenDaily

·
Registered
1 Posts
So like the title says I have a 2018 Malibu LT
And I have no idea how to go about wiring a LOC to install an aftermarket amp for two subs I want to install in the trunk
I’ve read a few different ways and I’ve installed one on a 08’ Altima before but seeing as there are no rear deck speakers I’m kind of lost any help would be greatly appreciated
I've got a 2017 Malibu and mines has rear deck speakers 🤔

61 - 66 of 66 Posts