Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Chevy Malibu Maxx LT
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here, saying hello.
I’m currently driving the 2006 Malibu maxx lt. Just went to change the serpentine belt and my tensioner pully crapped out. Almost at the 200k mark, recently had the struts and something else replaced also.. can’t remember.
Oh and the check engine light came on couple weeks Ago. Guy said it was an engine fluid thing, power steering? He topped it up and reset the code on the machine
Going to slam a system in it soon, nothing too crazy, replace the front and back doors and a 12 inch sub (ported box) with a couple amplifiers (4channel and a mono)..
I posted elsewhere but anyone know what size rims I can fit on this? Nothing to crazy.

·
Super Moderator
2017 SS Sedan 6.2L
4,923 Posts
Welcome. We like to see pics if you have them.

What codes came up with the check engine light?

·
Registered
2006 Chevy Malibu Maxx LT
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome. We like to see pics if you have them.

What codes came up with the check engine light?
I believe it was 0128? I should have wrote it down.. was told it may just be coolant levels, hasn’t been back...
I’ll get some pictures I guess.. would be good to have some before and afters for this. I have pictures of the headlights heheheh. Recently did a restoration, what a difference picture doesn’t do it justice

·
Administrator
2011 Malibu LTZ 3.6L V6 Red Jewel Tintcoat
17,852 Posts
Welcome to CMF!

Thanks for the pics, too. I hope you see a lot of trouble-free miles in your new ride.

Edit: "hope the see" became "hope you see" (Doh!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts