Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...from the LED radio display? I made the mistake of just quickly brushing off some dust with my thumb and it's left fine little scratches on it. I don't want to make it worse with just any kind of cleaner or have it left cloudy from some weird chemical reaction. Anyone have an idea for me? Thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Is the car still in warranty? silly as it sounds you can have stuff replaced for something like that. I work for a Vw dealer all the time. Like when the buttons start to peel. You can take it to the dealer and have it replaced. It seriously happens all the time.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Another option would be use a cloth dipped with a bit of Brasso.

Works on my acrylic watch crystals and cleans up nicely, but would test on something else first (just to be sure).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I was just wondering if anyone had removed any fine little scratches and knew what had worked. It's nothing so bad I'd ask for a replacement for it. I guess I could try it on a clock radio in the house first, right? same kind of plastic I'm guessing...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Mequire's Plast-X if it's very light scratches, and lots of elbow grease.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mequire's Plast-X if it's very light scratches, and lots of elbow grease.
Thanks heaps, KenM10759!! I found some Plast-X and it worked perfectly for removing the scratches. I appreciate the feedback here from everyone. It's really something what you can find out on this forum. Ask the littlest thing and poof~~someone has experience with it. Very impressed with our group!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.