Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned a couple LT1 powered mid 90's Firebirds, an 01 SS Camaro and an 05 GTO.

Just wondering.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I almost bought a GTO but got my Grand Prix instead because of the cost. And now I'll probably be getting a Malibu instead of the G8 because of the cost (and fuel mileage).

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I almost bought a GTO but got my Grand Prix instead because of the cost. And now I'll probably be getting a Malibu instead of the G8 because of the cost (and fuel mileage).
I loved the GTO but there was something about that Camaro if I could have one back it'd be that one. When we pay our truck off we're going to be looking at a C5 Vette or 09 Camaro. I'd be happy with either but the Vette is my dream car and an low mileage 02-04 Zo6 is right in the price range we're looking at.

The G8 is a great looking car but when it comes to sedans the big high powered v8's don't turn my crank. My dad has an 06 SS Impala and a friend of mine had an 06 Charger R/T (I have not driven an SRT8 though) and while both are pretty quick to me there just not as much fun as a light weight coupe.

·
Registered
326 Posts
My Z gets 30 MPG on the interstate... City numbers could be a little better if I took my foot out of the throttle on ocassion.
That's incredible. I think the G8 is rated at 21 or 22 MPG highway.

I looked at a Superbee Dodge Charger at the dealer the other day. It's rated as 13/18 MPG and the cost was $47K! That included a $2K gas-guzzler tax and a $2K New JErsey surcharge fee of some kind.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
My GTO (6spd) got 22mpg average and would get 28 on the highway and the Camaro (auto) would get 21 average and 26 highway with power to spare. The GM LS engines V8's are IMO the best OHV engines ever built.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I looked at the G8 in March and just couldn't afford the damn payments - plus the milage thing is a bit scary. Very nice looking car IMHO...but payment of over 500/month - no thank you.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Guys, this is my first American car. I've owned 10+ German and Japanese cars, still have three in addition to the Bu. Just thought you'd like to know the Malibu can bring people back.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I thought about a Corvette until I tried to get down into one at the dealership. I'm 6' tall and have had periodic back problems, so the Corvette was crossed off my list....

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought about a Corvette until I tried to get down into one at the dealership. I'm 6' tall and have had periodic back problems, so the Corvette was crossed off my list....
I've heard that a lot from taller folks but I looked at a C5 a few years back and it fit my 5'9" frame like a glove. Amazing what a few inches will do.:D

·
Registered
326 Posts
I've heard that a lot from taller folks but I looked at a C5 a few years back and it fit my 5'9" frame like a glove. Amazing what a few inches will do.:D
Oh, it fits like a glove once you get down into them. It's getting back out that's the problem. It's like trying to climb back out of a hole in the ground. :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh, it fits like a glove once you get down into them. It's getting back out that's the problem. It's like trying to climb back out of a hole in the ground. :)
My dad had a C4 that was like that but the C5 Vettes IMO were much much better. Of course, I'm comming from F-bodies which weren't the easiest cars to get in or out of either.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had an 87 Trans Am but have mostly had Mustangs ... an 85 GT two 86's a 95 and now have a 07 Mustang GT convertible. That mostly sits in the garage. The Malibu is my first Chevy! Of course I would love to have a Vette... but that’s a little out of my price range!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.