Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had the Malibu since 4/08 and have just crossed the 30,000 mile mark. I'm about to do the 5th oil change and 2nd tire rotation. We've had 0 problems and everything still looks and feels new. GREAT CAR as if you guys didn't know......:D

·
Registered
37 Posts
That's cool I have an 09LTZ ony a few weeks old...Dealer recommends every 3000 mile oil change I know they want money but other car people say 3000 is good to so I don't know

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Bought my LTZ on 05/08 and have 5,290 miles on her, only driven on the weekends and yes she is a GREAT CAR :D:D:D

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
That's cool I have an 09LTZ ony a few weeks old...Dealer recommends every 3000 mile oil change I know they want money but other car people say 3000 is good to so I don't know
3K mile oil changes are fine if you use conventional oil, if you switch to Synthetic then I would extend the oil changes to 5/7K miles, and a new filter ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Purchased the end of 04/08 and I have 14,700 miles. I have had to fix a broken sun visor mirror "door" and a noisy AC/heat blower fan but other than that it has run just dandy.

·
Registered
795 Posts
It's our Malibu's first birthday today:) We purchased it Feb 1st in 08. I can't check the mileage because my wife has it, but it's somewhere between 9,000 and 10,000 miles.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The miles are piling up fast..... 3 months old and close to 10,000 miles.

So far so good, I guess. Minor tranny lugging with the 6-speed, I have the plastic fender popping out issue from time to time but other than that all is good.

According to DIC, average speed is 45mph and ave mpg is 28, and that's even in a very cold winter this year in Wisconsin. Summer mpg for this ave speed will hit 30 easily.

·
Registered
795 Posts
According to DIC, average speed is 45mph and ave mpg is 28, and that's even in a very cold winter this year in Wisconsin. Summer mpg for this ave speed will hit 30 easily.

Are you saying, you have never reset the avg MPG or speed?

·
Registered
144 Posts
picked up on september 20th 2008 with 9 miles on it, and im going to roll over 10,000 today!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've had my Malibu since 04/08 and have 8300 miles on mine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
We've had the Malibu since 4/08 and have just crossed the 30,000 mile mark. I'm about to do the 5th oil change and 2nd tire rotation. We've had 0 problems and everything still looks and feels new. GREAT CAR as if you guys didn't know......:D
How much life left in the tires?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Wow some of you guys put a ton of miles on your cars... 30k in less than 1yr? 10k in 3 months?!?

I've had mine less than 3wks and my mileage is at 520.00.

OP: Are you using synthetic oil? That's some pretty lengthy change intervals.

Anyone make the switch to nitrogen in their tires?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Bought used in Sept last year with 1.6K on it. It is now 5.8K with zero issues. Hope mine will at least like yours. This is my first Chevy car so I am kind of little nervous
BTW, just got an email notification from Onstar, reminding me to rotate my tires. I think that is very cool. I forgot to do that for my Toyota Sienna which cost me new tires one year earlier.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Wow some of you guys put a ton of miles on your cars... 30k in less than 1yr? 10k in 3 months?!?

I've had mine less than 3wks and my mileage is at 520.00.

OP: Are you using synthetic oil? That's some pretty lengthy change intervals.

Anyone make the switch to nitrogen in their tires?
Mine is used as a work vehicle - I'm a field auditor covering a 2 hour driving radius. I usually put on 35k per year.

This should be a good test for this vehicle with alot of combined city/hwy driving.

I have no doubts it will hold up for at least 3 yrs/105k with only regular oil changes/brakes/etc.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have about 1500 miles it's an 09 3.6 LTZ on in three weeks. I do sales and drive everywhere..Should I change to synthetic when I do my first oil change any suggestions on why I should keep it regular or use synthetic would be appreciated..

·
Registered
201 Posts
Bought 08 LTZ on 7-08. Now have 7,000 miles. I don t use it every day. Only issue was a pulling to the left at highway speeds. (Tire rotation fixed that). Use Synthetic Oil and change it when the DIC say so.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm sorry it's going to be the 6th oil change.

I switched to Mobile one syn at 5000 miles. I've been using the 5000 mile oil change with Mobile one on our 05 Silverado and it's about to cross 100,000 miles.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.