Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking over the owners manual for my 2006 Maxx LT, (I have the 3500 v6) and it showed that the 3500 V6 automatic transaxle has no dipstick, where the one used on the 3900 does have a dipstick.. So the question here, is why they went with the no dipstick for the 3500 V6 transaxles. What I'd like to know, is how can fluid level be checked? Manual says not necessary, unless leaks are found.(fortunately I have no leaks) But I like to periodically check the fluid level.

·
Premium Member
3,242 Posts
If it's not leaking, case and lines are dry then don't worry about it. It's a pain to use the level plugs on the side of the trans. with car jacked up level and fully warmed up to get an accurate reading. Changing the fluid is more important than checking a non-leaking transmission.
On all my no dipstick trans. I've done a fluid drain, measured what came out and put back the same with a few Oz. more and have had no issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.