Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 1 of 59 Posts

· Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Remove the engine cover. Find the two small cylinders just to the left of the #1 spark plug. They are called the intake & exhaust camshaft position (CMP) actuator solenoids. I recommend that you replace them both. But if you choose, you can just replace the intake actuator for a 10 or 11 code or the exhaust actuator for a 13 or 14 code. There are no aftermarket versions available...just the OEM ACDelco. Either get from a dealer or (probably cheaper) online (though a bit harder to find online than at a dealer). Just remove the hold-down bolts & pull up on the actuators. Put engine oil on the new o-rings & don't over-torque the hold-down bolts (torque spec is only 7 ft-lbs). The actuators are keyed differently (& have different part numbers) so you can't interchange them.

  • Part #
  • Intake: 12646783
  • Exhaust: 12646784

Car Automotive air manifold Vehicle Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle
1 - 1 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.