Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2015, LTZ, 2.0T, 137 000Km
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my malibu 2015 LTZ 2.0T have around 110,000k, A transmission (6T70) oil change is due.
After searching a lot, I mean a lot, on internet, I found this nice video that gives directions quite clearly:
transmission oil flush video is about 2012 but it is same transmission in 2015, check your car specs.
you can look at : Malibu 2015 specs
I think it is the true way, not fill-flush-fill-flush to increase new oil vs old oil ratio as I read in many places...

Main difference is that it flushes the transmission radiator. Only thing I don't get, is why he is not flushing at first and then add new oil when he sees bubbles, instead of flusing the new oil ? If someone can explain...

Ride on,
Robert.

· Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Flushing machines are a big NO NO. States it in the GM shop manuals for every model and transmissions. Drain and refill is the safe way. Flush machines force debris into areas creating problems. Do not take advice from the internet, go by the book.
Really dirty, neglected fluid will need additional changes.
When you do an engine oil change is all the dirty oil drained out? No it is not, there is oil trapped in the engine.
Look at your severe use schedule in the manual, it's a 45k mile change. If just one of your driving parameters meets the severe usage, like stop and go traffic, you need to use the severe schedule.

· Registered
2015, LTZ, 2.0T, 137 000Km
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. But as compare to engine oil change, the remaining quantity are much less in %...It seem so...
Don't just drain and refill dissolve the new addives in old transmission oil ?

· Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Thanks for the advice. But as compare to engine oil change, the remaining quantity are much less in %...It seem so...I
Don't just drain and refill dissolve the new addives in old transmission oil ?
If drain and refills are done on schedule in a timely manner the additives do not get to the fully depleted state like a neglected trans. would reach. The neglected trans. requires the multiple changes back to back to get to the ''normal'' stage.
Trans. fluid does not get combustion by products like engine oil that additives get depleted faster.

Reactions: rgarand
1 - 4 of 4 Posts