Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Malibu 1LS Mocha Steel Metallic
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon everyone,

Took my 2010 LS to the car wash the other day and noticed some rust starting to form up on the passenger side, underneath the rear door right where the rocker panel moulding meets the body. Its not too bad yet, and I should have everything needed to grind off any rust and repaint the area if its not too bad or hasn't spread farther than it looks. Problem being, I've got no idea how to remove the rocker panel mouldings, and don't want to attempt anything yet without some idea as to what I'm doing. I do have replacements of the plastic clips that hold the mouldings on in case I break any in the removal/re-attachment process, so that isn't too much of a worry of mine.

If anyone has any experience here or knows how to remove them, I'd appreciate the help!!

Pics included to show the area that is rusting.
20210430_131834[1].jpg
20210430_131849[1].jpg

·
Registered
2012 Malibu 2LT Switchblade Silver Metallic
92 Posts
I haven't done the operation myself, but from what I see, breaking those clips off is essentially required. I think it's the 3 screws at either end of the wheel wells, and then the 4 clips along the bottom.

·
Registered
2010 Malibu 1LS Mocha Steel Metallic
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't done the operation myself, but from what I see, breaking those clips off is essentially required. I think it's the 3 screws at either end of the wheel wells, and then the 4 clips along the bottom.
My guess was about the same, that once those screws come out you just snap the pannel off, but I was really hoping there was some way to slide them off and not have to break all the clips. Thanks for the info!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts