Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the panavise mounting kit for my Bu. Does anyone know how to take apart the dash? Thanks a lot and detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone know if this will work for the Malibu as well? Thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yeah I'm sorry....I never really looked at a dash of a new Malibu that closely.

For your car, I'd start with the shifter bezel trim & pull that up (just snaps down) & then remove the shifter console (snaps down as well) & then that should give you access to the radio trim

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah I'm sorry....I never really looked at a dash of a new Malibu that closely.

For your car, I'd start with the shifter bezel trim & pull that up (just snaps down) & then remove the shifter console (snaps down as well) & then that should give you access to the radio trim

Hello...did anyone figure this out? I need it as well. I need to tap into some wires. Thanks!

·
Registered
389 Posts
I can do better then a picture here is a video

Radio Removal

Just be careful take your time and you will not break anything. I advise a screw driver with a micro fiber towel wrapped around to not scratch anything while popping the clips.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The Saturn Aura is not the same. The shifter bezel on the 'Bu pulls up front right in front of the cup holder cover. Then there is a Torx screw on the front of the shifter under the boot that needs to be removed in order for the shifter knob and bezel to come free. If you have the 10-12 with the manual buttons on the shifter, there is a small plug that needs to be unplugged before you lift it out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just replaced the light sensor in the 2005 Malibu Maxx.....real easy....just remove the two
plastic vertical moldings from both sides of the windshield...one screw each....
that gives access to the ends of the whole front dash panel with the defrost vents. It just pops right up.... work gently from each side so as not to break the old dry plastic...
Cleaned and armoralled it before reinstalling.....good as new....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.