Chevrolet Malibu Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have any wheels that don't need the hub centric rings when used on the Malibu? It seems like every wheel I look at needs them. I had to use them on the last wheels I got from you for my last car and they did nothing but anger me. I would always clean up the hubs before putting them on and those freaking things would never come off when I wanted to put the winter wheels on. I ruined one once trying to get it off and you guys sent me a whole new kit for free which was awesome but I'd like it avoid those damn rings if I could.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Thank you for the post Schwartz.

Unfortunately we do not have any aftermarket wheels that are hubcentric for your application. The majority of aftermarket wheels have larger center bores to fit a wide variety of vehicles which is why hub centric rings are used.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Makes sense for everyone but the end user I guess. One wheel to make, one wheel to store, one wheel to buy, one wheel to sell, and sucks for the end user stuck with the rings. ;)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Makes sense for everyone but the end user I guess. One wheel to make, one wheel to store, one wheel to buy, one wheel to sell, and sucks for the end user stuck with the rings. ;)
You'd be best off using Anti-sieze with the hubcentric rings, smear some on the hub surface of the rotor and you should beable to remove them easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts